Wednesday, November 08, 2017

In The Canyon Down Town





Well will it be union – one Canyon – two Canyon – three Canyon national
I really did not want to go and I had more than enough excuses not to goBut I went anyway just because I said that I would. Today was busy for a Wednesday for me. I found out last evening that I have a lunch date with two of my favorite people, Lori and Jerry at the local Village Inn. I mean I have to go if they choose the Village Inn because it's in my neighborhood, well now that I think, it's just around the corner from where Lori works so I can't take all the martyrdom. But still but rather be with my friends, peeps. It was not even a lunch it was a brunch so we all ordered breakfast. We talked and talked and talked. Lori brought a blog/story which was great. We hung out for two hours. It was 12:30 PM by the time he finished and I had to get downtown by 1:30 PM needless to say I did not make it.

The day was cold today felt like winter. I had to catch a couple of buses and train to give the Claire's office, my old office. Again, I don't know I wouldn't make the effort to make this meeting if I had not A chance to visit my old folks. The meeting was to begin at 1:30 PM. I don't think I got there until about 2:15 PM. There were not wrapping up the meeting but they're getting close. I'm not sure if they even want me at this meeting. One Of the people does big Dick but the other are marginal, If not lukewarm at best. A couple weeks ago I was accused of being too quiet at these meetings not often enough input. I didn't have anything to say. I let them know that I was supportive of whatever the group came up with… But I didn't really have a bunch of ideas.

I rode the Blueline Into the city which gets me a couple blocks from the office. Not so much going in to the city but going home and got the blue line southbound at the city center station. The station is right in the center of the canyons made out by the Salt Lake City skyline, what we count as an skyscrapers. I love the people, the energy and sites of downtown and how working in this area of the city made me feel.


It's cold down rolling around downtown. I should put my jacket on. Really need to get some gloves to start wearing – – gloves make all the difference in old man hands which seems to be greatly affected by the cold. I think the people The people downtown but funny. The rich guys, the slick guys and the down and outers. I never for a second think I look like one of the down and outers. All I need is a piece of cardboard and a felt tip to write my justification of need. I would fit right in. The best part would be I would be so obvious I would be invisible.

No comments: