Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Speaker Of The House Meeting


Today was a busier day than I would've liked actually. I have only one event – – actually I had two events the first of which certainly influenced the rest of my day. On Monday by home health professional, Dana informed me that I may have to wait until later in my day for my bowl and bladder program. Don't know how I dislike change. I have to be serviced and done by 11 o'clock at least to get to my 130 meeting with speaker of the House Hughes. We finally compromised when I a found out that Dana would be willing to come to the house at 6:00 AM. I can only do early I have been blessed that way. In fact I would really rather do 6 AM as opposed to 8 AM. I'm usually awake at 6 AM and sometimes, a lot of the time I am up making coffee and piddling around. I was awake at 430 and was just going to lay around until 5 AM the probably get up imagine my surprise the next thing I know I hear “time to get up” it was Dana and it was 5:45. I'm not sure if it was the change in times (I don't think it was) I think for some reason yesterday and the day before I really did not just much liquid. This is a problem and because of that I think I had some major constipation this morning. So I'm freaked out sitting on a little time bomb but thankfully I got through the day without a bowel movement.

If you remember last week or two weeks ago we had the incident at Speaker Hughes office regarding his mean-spirited approach to the Medicaid problem in Utah. So today we met with the man. Oddly, the meeting turned out to be fairly productive. There is about 10 of us there from DRAC and the meeting was led by Jerry and Barbara. There is no name calling, there were no lines in the sand just good old constituent and representative conversation. We do not belligerent and Speaker Hughes did not defensive army. I was sitting very close to Speaker Hughes and is somewhat general maybe even likable but I also felt like the pig in front of the boa constrictor. A sort of felt a bit razzle-dazzled with Speakers barely perceptible dimples, slick hair and I said. The man gave us the a part of his time which alone is impressive, never did I feel rushed, the speaker never glanced at his watch and he seemed to be quite adept at making eye contact. We came away from the meeting with Speakers support to develop a consumer-based group to explore possible funding options for the Medicaid problem. Granted, the senator did not say he would were any of the ideas or suggestions for my present. But to do proffer this opportunity and to offer DRAC command of such a group may well come up with a solution . My fear is that he will not seriously support our findingsbut at the same time he did not say he would fight us either.


















No comments: