Thursday, November 16, 2017

Warm Before Storm


I am getting into my winter gear. Today was overcast and a warm wind blew from the South– – supposedly a cold front is moving in with rain and possibly snow. I'm so thankful today was really the last day I need to be out of the apartment before the storm. Tomorrow, someone will be coming over here maybe but I should not have to go out. looking forward to tomorrow.

This afternoon I had Utah nonprofit housing Corporation board meeting. I've been on this board I don't know how long it seems at least 10 years probably longer. It is through his involvement with the board that I actually ended up at this apartment thank goodness I had somewhere to go when I needed to. I have a friend will call Sharon A. Sharon has been my friend for nearly 30 years probably as long as I've been in Salt Lake County. Her office and joined my office when I first worked at the Utah Independent Living Center. One of my tasks in my new employment was Housing Coordinator. Sharon ran a housing program for Community Action Program CAP. Community Action worked with low-income folks In Salt Lake County And I worked with people with disabilities were also low income usually. Often we would work together with clients. I think Sharon may be a just a little bit older than I am not much though. I've always admired Sharon for her ability to network and work with other housing professionals. Sharon was totally dependable. I think she grew up on a ranch she has a rural rustic nature to herself. She has had “roommate” for as long as I have known her. I believe her roommate is part of her charm.

The board that I serve on is made up of different housing professionals in the Salt Lake area. The chair is a retired banker type, there's another bank and type on the board but much younger. We have a number of folks in color. A couple senior retired housing professional types account types in such. I think working group. We just lost a member couple months ago. One of our fellow board members passed away I don't know why I guess it was just her time. The board Goes on as bureaucracies do even small bureaucracies and we are that. We did our business. The Executive Director of the organization gave his report and then we went through each of the housing projects we sponsor with census and how many people are on the waiting list one project there is nearly 400 people on the waiting list. We may mention that this issue of growing waiting is only going to get worse As the boomers age. I once again felt a little guilty for being able to slide into my property as quickly as I did. A warm and spacious unit with an accessible bathroom even.

I love my place but I'm finding out as nice as this place looks it really is kind of cheaply thrown together. They took the doors off of my bathroom and bedroom today I have not both of them off their hinges and just the top hinges held the doors. I was becoming concerned regarding the bathroom door that it might just fall out of its place because the top hinge was all that was opened it up. I can see it falling on me. I brought this up this morning. They asked about one of the doors bbecause I said yes but then informed me that I would have to pay to have the doors rehung. Now I don't know I kind of like not having to battle with the door. I certainly don't have privacy but maybe privacy is overrated.


My cleaning person came todayAnd together we did a great job cleaning the joint. She really helped me stick to the bottom of two of my workstations. Maybe it's her work that makes the doors being gone acceptable. I love having a clean place the sheets on the bed and the bed is turned down. I'm looking forward to staying in tomorrow and maybe the whole darn weekend.

No comments: