Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Resolution For Those Who Want To Know The Rest Of The Story



Noble backup chair, Waiting for the next assignment.

Is it just me or does the middle of the week way to quickly? Maybe it seems quick just because it seems to be a lot happening to me right now. I know, it's not all about me but you know what sometimes it sure feels that way. I am very thankful to have access to a backup chair. I'm sure I've written before but I wonder if you gimps fortunate enough to have such a device at their beck and call. Having said that I would also like to reiterate how uncomfortable and to some degree dangerous this backup chair is. We got this chair from the program at UCAT, coordinated by the University in Logan, Utah State University. The seat of the chair is too big for me which is part of the reason for its discomfort. The foot pedals on the chair are very narrow and makes keeping my feet placed on the foot pedals difficult at best. The control box is “goosy” as well. Control is not stop the motion of the chair once pressure is released from the joystick making the chair kind of dangerous. Everything else kind of works. The batteries are weak, but the chair basically works and gets me by type spots. I'm thinking about fixing the but place with a little box like I have on my regular chair.

Roger the technician finally called me a little before noon to let me know that I damaged the struts on my chair somehow (like when I rolled on the sidewalk into the small ditch between the sidewalk and the grass, and by the grass). Indicated I would have to have new struts. The struts would cost 160 bucks apiece And that he had already submitted the request into the Medicare folks. This process could be swift , a couple days or bureaucratically long as these things tend to be. Durable medical folks are so weird they seem adverse to private pay. I actually have the 320 bucks or whatever it would be for the struts. This is the price Roger quoted me – – I did not think to ask that covered labor. I just don't want to if I don't have to especially if by Medicare will cover the repair. I even have that kind my plastic.I just find it so hard to pay down the credit – – I would just as soon not put it on a credit card. But one has to do what one has to do to get by. Roger finally indicated that he had pushed the strut back in place and that The chair seems to be working okay. Roger further indicated that falling short of running into another ditch or giant crack in a sidewalk or something I should be okay. I just need to be careful when and where I'm running my chair. This of course kind of spooks me, who knows when and where the next trauma to my chair will be. However, I survived this and I suspect I will survive whatever else might be thrown my way.



No comments: