Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Addled




Monday had been a bit of a long and taxing day and I was tired at days end. I was hoping I would get a bit of the early chance to hit the sack. Is kind of excited I had new sheets on the bed because my cleaning person came earlier in the day. There's nothing like clean sheets in a clean bedroom. I even tried to a texting session short so I can hop in bed and perhaps read bit as well. I got undressed and hustled around the apartment, turning off lights taking my meds and making sure the air conditioner was off. But as I said I was a bit groggy and perhaps a bit addled, hell I could have even been having a senior moment.

As I'm sure my readers know I basically live out my power chair. And it is my responsibility every night to make sure my chair is plugged in and being charged for whatever travels I need to do the follow I have my charger nest to my bed. But I am sure I have the house secured and it's time to really go to bed I bring my power chair next to cancel out as well as as well as electric bed. I have this great electric bed. I can move the whole bad up-and-down, I'm also able to raise the foot of the bed as was the head of the bed. I have a control on the end of a coiled cord which is attached to the bed that allows me to operate the bed. I have to make sure the cord is out of the way so that when I'm out of the bed I have enough slack on the bed controls to operate the bed freely. When I'm parallel to the bed I lower the bed to its lowest position and roll onto the mattress. Before I do this I must plug in my chair. I take the cord to the charger and plug-in my chair for the night.

On Monday I don't know what I was thinking but instead of taking the charger cord and hanging it also my arm bike ride in regions I ended up stretching the control to the bed. I must've been very sleepy. I couldn't figure out why the court not reach and finally dropped the controls. When the best controls fell to the floor they draped themselves over the rear wheel. I was not thinking and drove my chair away from the bed in order to get a better view but as I did that the coiled cord got entangled in my wheels. This is when I realized what I done. I panicked a bit and try to move my chair in order to free the cord from the wheels only making the matters worse. I was caught in a major problem.

There was 11:30 PM, naked as a jaybird in my power chair that I was terrified to move for fear of either running over the controls and breaking the control box are just as bad pulling the court completely out of the bed. I'm totally dependent on the electric bed. I struggled trying to free the controls to no avail. There is no one I could call that would still be up. I could call my brother you have to drive all the way over from the east side the same with my son lives way south. I really don't have anybody's phone number here at the apartment complex and besides the old ladies and I am naked which doesn't bother me but just might bother them a whole lot. There of course was the buyer department but I just wasn't up to having them come out in the pageant that would be.

Luckily, I had access to my hooks and my patience. I sent my chair speed to as low as it would go and continue to try to drive around so the cord would untangle. The major problem I was having was the tangled cord was in the back of my chair and I cannot see it. I couldn't see if I was making matters worse moving my chair around. I finally tilted my chair back to the point where I could pull myself to one side of the chair and almost see what the problem was. For some reason when I did this (tilting the chair down I also cost some slack in the court and I could hear the box rallied around and was able to get an idea of the problem. The square control box was caught in the bars of my chair. I could wiggle the box I cannot get it free. I finally used one of the hooks to stretch the control box and then left the whole wiring system at the same time and eventually worked the box free. I was so pleased I did not have to have anyone else intervene. I was also totally thankful that the control box worked perfectly. I had been spared.

I lined up the chair again next to the bed made doubly sure the control box was hanging on the side of the bed away from the chair and dove into bed. It was almost 1 o'clock in the morning. I decided not to read, smiled to myself turned over and went to sleep.

No comments: