Sunday, August 26, 2018

Watermelon Tears



I am so disappointed. I just got done “processing” the watermelon picked up yesterday at the farmers market. I thought I was being so smart and I thought I was getting such a good watermelon. However when I got inside the watermelon. I am actually having a great time cutting up my watermelons this year. I spent some time on the Internet checking out all of the people do their watermelons I really found the videos enlightening. I chose the goal is that style where you cut the watermelon in half and then place one end on the cut and then cut the rindoff one section of the time.

The pulp of the watermelon was not mealy and held together pretty well but it was certainly far from nonpareil. This sort of got me thinking and then I remembered what I'd gotten the watermelon a couple years ago when I still lived with Dianne when we cut that watermelon that was less than ideal. I thought it was because we let the melon set out for a couple days before cutting. I got this melon yesterday and cut it today I figured the insides would be firm, sweet and juicy. Wrong! The melon is good enough but I've gotten much better product from Cosco even fresh market at a lot less cost and energy expenditure. This is the last melon I get from farmers market to be sure. Not just going to have to force myself to eat the melon this week before I grab another at Cosco.

I've gotten so I never carry my phone anymore. The only calls I seem to get our machine generated Robo calls. So today I really didn't think much of leaving the phone on my bed and going outside to read. I can get so engrossed with my one computer game or videos that I can literally waste the whole day just on visual technology. I have to force myself to get outside and it seems like if I don't get out in this great weather while I can I will be severely disappointed in myself when the weather is either too cold or too wet or both to be out in the elements if I don't have to. I'm currently engrossed in one of the books my little sister sent me a few months ago. I am actually going out to where I have my van parked in reading in the afternoon early evening Shade event provides. I was kind of shocked when I looked up and saw two people bearing down on me. It's like no one comes to visit me unless I asked them to but here were two people walking toward me. I did not recognize them until they were much closer since I read about eyeglasses and sure enough it was Mark Anthony and Kristy!!

I've only spoken briefly with Mark on the phone regarding finding the new family. Kristy was very interested and wanted to know the story. So we had a great conversation the three of us as we visited and speculated about what this new vein of information regarding my bloodlines and things mean. What a gift this new family is? Not only do I find new family but I get to bond closer with that family I already have.

No comments: