Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Hotfoot



It's DRAC Wednesday, the last Wednesday of the month when DRAC holds its “board meeting” over at the house of the Salt Lake County's community room in the basement. DRAC is a private nonprofit influx, the way I see it, is trying to act like a real-life private nonprofit entity with Board of Directors, rules and reiulations a real upfront operation. This is a painful operation to sit through and witness.

One of the many items we discussed today was the fact that one of our illustrious members who just passed away and who was handling the money more specifically submitting or billing one of our major but sources have been doing it incorrectly and over billing by thousands of dollars. This is never come to light because there had never been an audit. Were okay, I mean no one's going to jail that I know of but the organizational coffers are running off, so low in fact that drastic steps are being taken. One of those steps is the discontinuation of the “free” lunch. Typically, a very basic lunch was provided those who attended the “board” meeting. Usually a couple of three-foot submarines from when the local market delis with a couple of bags of chips, bottled water and usually cookies. This wasn't much but when you become dependent and they pull away the reward it's hard on the organisms to adjust. I very rarely a sandwich sometimes just the stuff inside however I did a tend to load up on potato chips, cookies and water. I thought I was famished by the end of the meeting and wanted to get away from the “board” meeting as soon as I could. I noticed some sadness the Turkish restaurant that was trying to get going had failed. There was however La Puente Mexican restaurant that had been there for years that I've never gone to. Used to have a humongous ramp to enter, and maybe that was part of the reason I had never gone but I tried it today.

La Puenta actually has a elevator. You cannot operate it independently however it must have a staff person come with the key. I was getting dizzy so I want to get some protein quick. One of the staff people saw me came and opened up the door of the elevator and I went up to a grand room. The restaurant was huge upstairs. I have to admit I no longer can enjoy going out to eat because I know whatever I ingest will be reflected in my weight. I ordered a tamale , smothered. This was less than five dollars in a surprisingly good. I had ordered a couple corn tortillas to assist me sop up gravy/sauce. Then I went to pay and I didn't have my wallet! There is that on second floor of a great Mexican restaurant with no way to pay for my meal. Things began to get busy and my poor server was all over the huge room. I decided I would “hotfoot it” out of there. I have never done this before. This is a great plan that will work but I forgot about the elevator that had to have achieved operating. Embarrassed beyond report I confess to the operator of the elevator that I could not pay for my meal, I had lost my wallet. Surprisingly he shrugged his shoulders and said that's okay. I get the profuse reassurance that I bring the money straight back and he said “yeah, whenever”. I guess I was not the first even though I felt like it was the first. I probably looked pathetic but tomorrow even though it's busy Thursday I'm going down there and put in the bill. What a nice operation.

No comments: