Monday, August 13, 2018

One Punch In The Nose




I work out almost every day of the week, but you all know that, usually I work out from about 1230 to 1 PM if I get away with it. I like this time slot because Fresh Air is broadcast by the local NPR affiliate. Terry Gross hosts the show and I didn't like her when I first started listening but she's grown on me now and I usually like Terry Gross guests even if I don't particularly appreciate Terry style. Her guest today I cannot remember but make an interesting about being punched in the face. I know I've written about the “sucker punch” just in the last month or so. But this is kind of altogether different. I really liked the idea struck chord with me. Essentially, the writer was saying that people who are raised with wealth sometimes never understand what life is about and tell or if they're lucky enough to get punched in the face. Perhaps being slapped will bring about the same result, I don't know it's hard to tell. It is certainly an event that instantly zaps you from your comfort zone – – I know it does sound a lot like a sucker punch, but in good punch to the face really levels the field. A partial quote from Mark Twain goes something like “a man who carries a cat by its tail learns something you learn no other way). The same holds true for being punched in the face.

Today was a great day for traveling, even though the day got warm there was blessed cloud cover and the heat did not seem so impressive. I was antsy as well. I really didn't go anywhere this weekend and I needed to get out. I needed counter checks which means a trip to Mountain American Credit Union. I'm seeing the credit commensurate to Create. I talked the driver about credit unions and he said he would keep an eye out to. I ended up going all the way to 13 S. and Redwood Road. I got my checks and a little cash hopefully to get through the month. I'm getting well spooked about dwindling funds.

I stashed the checks in my motorcycle bag and took off across the street to catch the outbound 217 to get back to the apartments. I have a feeling it would be a while for the bus came. There was a building just off the bus stop had noticed a number of times. The building is a battery shop specializing in all kinds of batteries. Earlier today my home health person referenced the idea that I need to consider finding a new battery for my body lift. I figured what the heck I can go in at least ask. I know the matter I need is especially battery which I'm sure regular vendors would not be able to help me with but you never know. I had a few minutes before I left the apartment and googled the battery that I needed the best I could find was about $187 for one battery! Almost $200!!

I I could not have been more wrong.This blatant example of inaccessibility was my punch in the nose !I looked at the front door. Steps! But that's cool maybe I go around the back. Others go into the back way, or the sideway or any way that is accessible but guess what? There is no access to the building. The day was hot and I didn't want to risk missing my bus. I took a couple images of the property I'm not sure why hopefully maybe intimidating anyone who might be looking out the front window. I would've been surprised if it had the battery or even access to the batteries. Maybe I'll float this past the DRAC folk just to see what happens. I'll just keep looking on the Internet and hopefully I'll get the battery, the correct battery ordered in before the one I'm using now fades out, entirely

No comments: