Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Medium Rare,Kate....




Cindy my cleaning lady came yesterday– –but I gave you a rundown yesterday – – she usually comes on Tuesdays in fact she was coming today but I cancellation yesterday and squeeze me in. This was good for me because I really needed some attention to this place but I didn't have any place to go. You see usually Cindy comes on Tuesday in the morning and I'm usually on Tuesday mornings gone to my Assist meeting in Salt Lake. This works fine we usually meet in passing which is good Cindy is left to her to clean the apartment. But I'm here I can take her off task by talking my head off. I must sound pathetic going on on about who knows what. I usually pay for two hours of cleaning session. However my apartment was in such dire straits it needed more attention than usual. I'm sure she charged me for only half an hour after the first two hours even though I'm the one of is talking.

Early on I can see I was distracting Cindy so I made the excuse to go down and check my mail. I wasn't sure if I would go anywhere else just to give Cindy a break and let her focus on cleaning the apartment. Of course the mailboxes are in the common area. I have to go through the front lobby to get to the mailboxes. As I was cruising past the front door I almost ran into Katie who was dolled up and looked like she was gone out. You all, remember Kate's? We actually went to a couple of movies the first of this year. For someone who is supposedly diagnosed with our partners she is still extremely bright and together. It's not that I've been avoiding Kate but I kind of have. I like her but she is so local culture that she tends to wander into religiosity which makes me feel awkward. We talked and I found that she was waiting for someone to pick her up her to “adopted granddaughters”. They're taking her out to lunch and Kate was terribly excited. Kate brought up the movies we'd gone to and how much fun they had been for her. I acknowledged I have had a good time as well. We both made a loose compact that we are going to go to the movies again soon, as soon as one came that was acceptable to both our tastes. No more Star Wars or other action movies. Halfway to the conversation she stopped and again reminded me she was going to Cracker Barrel restaurant. Again, I could tell she was most excited. I'm not a great fan of the Cracker Barrel but I went along with Kate on how great a place it was to eat. That was when she reached out and touched my arm and said “what would you like to eat I will get you something to bring it back for you?” I was tempted and start and I graciously try to back out for a number of reasons. The first and foremost I really don't know what kind of funding base Kate operates out of and is I hate the thought of her dragging a meal all the way back. Kate continued to apply pressure and finally just to shut her up is a steak would be great medium rare. I figured she was just talking anyway, I also figured that if she does have Alzheimer's than for sure she will forget and I let it go.

I returned the apartment and try to stay out of Cindy's way. You see the image she is a pretty good job. I spent the rest of the day either outside reading and sunshine or enjoying the cleanliness of the apartment and trying to figure out how to keep it clean until Cindy's next visit. I was getting ready to start my daily work out on my own bike's but I hear a knocking on my door – – faint but persistent. I shouted “come in” but nothing happenedso I rolled over and opened the door's and there was Kate holding oversized take-out bag from the Cracker Barrel and sure enough there was my medium rare steak, green beans mashed potatoes and dark gravy and even a piece of apple pie! I was blown away. The only thing I could do was accept. I already had dinner for the evening so I put the takeout in the refrigerator for later.

Now I guess I better figure something nice I can do with Kate. It's been keeping an eye on the movies that would be appropriate it's a shame I have already got to Christopher Robin, Christopher Robin would've been a good movie for the both of us that there are couple others that might work possibly, Mama Mia. I don't think that's too racy only problem Kate may want to go to that movie but I'm sure another will come up shortly, especially with the holidays coming up.

No comments: