Friday, August 24, 2018

Food Box Day



Friday, finally a day I don't have anything scheduled that I have to be out and about doing anything. Just one to hang around the apartments today and enjoy my life. It is however, Food Bank day. Food Bank Day, that glorious day when boxes are delivered from the food bank to qualified individuals. I don't get a box that's okay I don't mind. I've never really looked into the whole process but I'm sure I don't qualify. I'm just thankful to get to use the food pantry across the driveway once a week. I don't need that either getting food from the pantry, free food, is just fun. I like the convenience of the pantry on Saturdays and if I'm lucky I don't have to cross the street and go to the market.

I briefly written about this before about how many people who get the food boxes don't really want what is in the food boxes. The contents of these boxes really don't change from month to month. Dry noodles, canned vegetables everything from beans to spinach. There is also milk sealed in boxes – – which I really like. Milk one does not have to refrigerate. Many times develop shows up on the sharing shelf that I scarf up as many of milk as I can get. There are also bricks that weird cheese or cheese product of processed cheese also called ability Velveeta Cheese. I cannot see, rate this but not large quantities. We probably turned back 20 bricks of the cheese every month. I was keeping to bricks around just in case. Seriously this cheese is not bad if you just don't think about what you're eating works really good for toasted cheese products average. There is also perishables delivered like different kinds of bread, eggs and sometimes bottles of juice (which I gladly also scarf when available. I'm surprised at how many of the seniors here don't drink this stuff… Really its almost juice).

Anyway, I started hanging around the common room, where food bank is set up, to assist anybody who might need help carrying the box back to their apartment. I enjoy doing this primarily to hang around staff of the apartment we take part in this project. Surprisingly, very few of these little old ladies wanted any help. This morning I went down to see if I can help but the new guy was there. This is the first time I've seen him at one of these events. I don't like him he just seems like a slug, I will bureaucrat want to be. The kind of guy who likes to sit around and impress the women. I'm surprised how many buy his line. He weathered a mini scandal last month or two months ago but he is accused of entering somebody's apartment and stealing some funds. I don't believe he did he is not that stupid. His accuser was a resident who was not well-liked which is another story in itself – – in fact she just removed herself from the facility. I kind of feel bad about that. I also noticed this maintenance guy gathering up the return food from the sharing shelf and take it somewhere. That probably irks me the most food disappearing from MY sharing shelf.

No comments: