Saturday, August 18, 2018

Bye Bye A.P.


I've kind of messed up today which kind of bums me out. Actually I started this blog this morning soon after I got up in trying to keep with my new commitment to blog writing in the a.m. rather then the PM. Obvious that didn't work it's 9 o'clock in the evening and I'm just sitting down the blog. I was going to do a whole blog on Don Maclean's American Pie. I even chased down a couple of videos of the tunes I was going to connect to the blog. But obviously that did not happen. Life sort of got in the way. I washed clothes which is becoming a Saturday morning thing. For that was finished it was time to go over across the way to food bank – – I love Food Bank even though I do not get many items I usually get enough to keep me going. If the food bank with all that I had access to I would more than be able to make it from week to week. Shute, I could get a bag of beans once a week and have beans all week add to the beings onions, green peppers ,squash even and that's just the produce. I get a good choice, a dessert (Oreo cookies) and fruit – – peaches and bananas this week.

By the time I got back from the food bank and put away the groceries I put the beans I hydrated earlier in the week back on the slow cooker adding more beings and onions garlic oregano. I've had my beans cooking all day I love the smell. I ran over to the Mexican market across the street and got some dried peppers to add to that mess. I got a quart of chicken broth which I cover the beans with and added the process vegetables and cooked ingredients all day. I got to frozen packages up chicken sausage when I threw it in the freezer the other I thought which I've just tried out section and added to the mix. I finally reduced the heat to zero, I'm now waiting for the beans to cool so I can put beans into bags to freeze and store in a refrigerator for meals next week.

I took an hour to myself and read the novel I've been reading the last week or so, out in the sun and then visited for 45 minutes with my older sister who is interested about the surfacing of the family. I need to visit with a number of other family members also. So now, I'm getting around to blogging for the day which is not at all what I wanted to blog about. The good part is that I still have Don McLean to blog about and American Pie, a piece of music actually adored since it first was published in 71, a great time in my life when the places I would surely visit had I have access to a time machine… Oh well maybe this coming week I can do America Pie

No comments: