Thursday, August 09, 2018

Buying An Image



Right now I'm really committed to getting the back up chair that's usable not only for the short term but if needs be for the long term as well. This last bout of sitting in a chair way too big for me and foot pedals that I can keep my feet on the footplates because they are so narrow so slick. I of course destroyed half of the seatbelt system so I must also replace the seatbelt. I'm not really sure how to go about this project and of course I do it in the least expensive way possible but I'm going to do it just the same. So this morning after Thursday morning coffee social I went out and cut the inbound 217 And headed up the road to 5th South and CREATE, Reutilization project ran by Utah State University in the back of the Buffmire building. I will speak with Tom Bowman who runs that program and just see what my options are.

I don't really care how quick the chair I am considering is going to be but I do want the chair to be comfortable and usable for an extended period of time if needs be. I cannot have an appointment today was a lunch of some sort for staff and Tom was manning the barbecue. He clearly did not have time to really visit with me but did me some ideas and most importantly that we might can figure something out. I was okay without Tom totally focusing on me. So I cross the street and got the next bus southbound to the post office to get a better selection steps I had gotten yesterday. I got about $30 for stamps quite pleased with what I purchased an think I have enough postage for the rest of the year.

The days are still hot. They are the dog days of summer. I was wearing a hat I was not overheated but it was warm in the direct sunlight as I sat waiting for the bus. In the distance I saw coming towards me a blonde. As she neared I could see her she was fair complected and she looked hot, white from the heat like that she might have sunstroke. Face flushed and seeming ill at ease. The blonde Looking over her shoulder like a bus but be upon us at any moment but I could see past her and there was no bus on the horizon. I was impressed she walked right up to me and said “I need fare, can you help me out?”. I don't know why I did I said yes. Actually, I started looking through my backpack because I know somewhere I have tokens, bus tokens and that's what I was hoping to find but it did not look like we had the time. So, I dug out $2.50 and handed it to her with the caveat I need to take an image of you. She looked at me strangely like I was a weirdo. I just watched Pulp Fiction this weekend and I really liked the part where Samuel Jackson tells the young the that is not giving him the money is buying the young thief's life. I've thought about this project sometime that I'm going to start just giving beggars when they asked him for money a dollar but not give it to them as much as I'm buying their image and see what happens. The blonde thought about it for a moment and said yeah no problem. I do a different couple images we will settle down and waited for the bus. That transaction was all the interaction we had. The bus came she went on to the back of the bus and of course I was strapped in the front and went on home.

It's obvious now almost midway through the month and temperatures are hot I don't see a change in the near future perhaps that's best. Maybe I need to spend more time on Redwood Road and see what other images I can purchase.

No comments: