Friday, August 17, 2018

Blessings



I never cease to be amazed at how many blessingsI seem to be the recipient of,And why I get so many blessings and others do not .This morning I was contacted by another brother, my little brother Ed, who lives in Colorado. Ed is retired from law enforcement, Ed did a lot of forensic work he seems most interesting individual. I was somewhat pleasantly surprised this morning to see a text message from him indicating that was excited to have me part of the family and was looking forward to meeting me. I'm sure I'll be texting him more as days go by. I was also mildly surprised at how many texts popped up in my feeds from more family members expressing surprise, curiosity and overall a welcoming of me to the family. It sounds like Ed is also been in contact with Michelle he seems to know her. I will have to visit with Shelley to find out more. This will be good for Shelley to get and establish an identity with the family. This family may have more relevance to Michelle then my other family.

I've also been placed at the response I've gotten from most of the folks in my adopted family (it is so weird I am categorizing families). I've only heard from a few those that typically know how to be on the Internet/ social media but they are basically pleased for me. After all, nothing has changed.

I'm certainly glad I have Antonio and Carla in my corner, I'm glad you have just a stone throws South of me here in Taylorsville. If those two lived any closer I could see myself abusing their good intentions and goodness. They are a genuine couple , a couple who are easily trusted. Carla is the recordkeeper of the family, if the family were organized enough to have a recordkeeper. It is by Carla's records that we as a family shall be known and that is true but not all the way true because Mother Doobie the character who birthed us was also a recordkeeper of sorts. She did keep a record of the births. Carla has used a lot of this data in researching this knot a family, patiently and skillfully on doing and pulling apart each strand in the not to find soul after soul who did not even know they were lost. Carla has a folder that she is scanning and hopefully will send me by email when she can. She has black and whites of my mother and father which are just astounding to me. I don't know why all this is that now in my life and am trying not to be so egocentric that think this is about me. After all Michelle really push this agenda and I think willed a lot of this could happen by sheer daughter magic.

I'm still quite taken aback at the amount of responses that showed up all night Facebook feed just for the posting of the images from the restaurant yesterday. So many names I've never heard of but instantly feel familiar and a bizarre sort of way. I seem to fit at least from the vantage point where I sit. Seem to be natural in the way things rollout. I still am going to take baby steps with this project and see where the steps lead.

No comments: