Friday, August 10, 2018

El Gato



I'm not quite sure how I feel about Rachel leaving (Rachel of course is not really this person's name, I just thought of be cool to hide this person's name like they do on the big-time) and Rachel is leaving no doubt about it. Whether Rachel was asked to leave or she was being forced out I've yet to find out. This is the first incident like this I've witnessed since I've been at this apartment complex.

As a committed reader knows I am on the Board of Directors of this facility – – not that means a whole hell of a lot but I sort of used this information as a way to set me apart from the regular folk. I'm a bit ashamed of this. I told this to Rachel at one point and almost immediately she called me and wanted me to know about things at work right here at the facility. This is one event I had not counted on and immediately began distancing myself from this person. Oh, I was nice enough but I didn't want her to get a closer and I stopped immediately all discourse about my involvement with the Board of Directors and this facility. This was all over a year ago. I'm now going into my third year at this facility which is unbelievable. It about a month ago I saw a Rachel in the hallway Wednesday document listing apartment complexes (I should've known better than to ask but I did ask). But I did ask she informed me that she was searching place to live she was moving out of this place. She used the term “kicked out”.

I do not think Rachel was an intentional troublemaker but I could see that she certainly had a propensity to move against the grain. Rachel is a bit of a complainer, nothing really ever met her standards and most of the times I elected to stay away from this person and when I did get involved in a conversation I tried to insulate myself as much as possible with Smalltalk and silliness and just enough politeness to get through the encounter. She let me know the reason she was being “evicted” was because she had accused the maintenance guy of stealing some money from her apartment. I just find it hard to believe that the maintenance guy would be that stupid. I can see him being that lazy. I've never known anyone as quick to use all manners of labor law as well as company policy to remove himself from any kind of labor. He spends hours, in my opinion, trying to sweet talk the building manager. But I don't see him robbing residents – – is not that stupid. It's got sweet spot here and I cannot see him risking. I think management as well as the policy guys at the front office recognize that to and happily tossed Rachel in front of the bus.

Last week or maybe the week before it was made known that Rachel had found a place to live and had began aggressively packing up her little apartment to get ready for the move. Nobody talked to Rachel, she is a marketing person, mean how do you openly discuss someone's eviction from the apartment complex without being awkward? Rachel kind of artsy. I was kind of surprised to find out she was quite active with the senior center across the driveway from our facility. She had a whole box of ceramic figurines she had painted. Rachael looked hapless as she tried to move the box from one leg to the other trying to balance her load my legs. Suddenly she looked at me reached in her box and pulled out a cat or mountain lion or something feline and thrust it at me. In a moment like this one never has time to do anything but accept what is being offered and that I did. I said thank you and slinked off to my apartment.

The ceramic sat on my table 3 or four days. I was kind of hoping that I would cherish the figurine with the back of my chair and smash it to smithereens but that did not have. Finally I started cleaning up the table and I had to do something with the image. The table have a curl on the and wish fit quite nicely on my rack. I don't know what else to do with a piece of pottery. I hate cats and I really have no use for a hand-painted piece of guilt. Still, I find it difficult to just throw away – – though I should. Maybe once, Rachel finally leaves the facility I will skulk down to the sharing table one evening and leaving the ceramic. Hopefully I'll be gone the next morning.

Not that it really matters and I doubt that it has anything to all with the plight of Rachel but the project manager, retired last week and left the agency. This manager was quite a ball buster where you have balls are not. Like I said I'm sure there's no relation from Rachel and the managers retirement but still kind of curious.

No comments: