Saturday, August 04, 2018

Got a Haircut Today Which One… All Of Them



It's not like I was expecting great things for today. Breakfast, wash clothes, quick trip to the food bank and maybe clean up around the apartment a little bit, do some drawing maybe even worked out and possibly catch a movie. That of course did not happen. I was in the front room, I have just brought the wash back from the laundry when suddenly I lost the ability to drive straight. I was having a horrible déjà vu. On the screen of my control I was getting a reading of “motor to is disconnected”. I thought maybe I'd back into something in place the lever and disengaged by motor. Luckily I had a stick with me and I snapped the motor clutch into place but when I tried to go forward the message returned and I just turned in a circle. Are you tired of hearing this because I'm sure as hell getting tired of writing it.

I did not have fit or throw one, all I knew is that I had to switch the broken chair out for the backup chair. I mean there is no way anything was going to happen today, Saturday, on my chair. My wheelchair shop totally closed all weekend. The one piece of luck I did have going for me was I had my cell phone stuck in my pants. I called my son, Mark Anthony unfortunately was home today one of the few Saturdays Mark has been! He agreed to come by the apartment. Mark lives so far away from my apartment that I felt obliged to call at least one other family member who lives closer but cousin Scott was out of town.

I was dead center in the living room. I could not reach my computer and I did not have a tablet with me. I did keep myself entertained some but with the cell phone. I'm sure everyone's tired of hearing me bitch and moan about this stupid chair. But they sure seemed supportive as they responded to my post. Mark and Christie finally showed up and from there things went fairly quickly. Mark brought my backup chair along side my disabled chair and he graciously assist me with my transfer once shared the next. I still have great confidence since I transferred by myself when the chair came back earlier in the week. I turned the kids loose after I was safely in my chair and situated. Luckily, when they brought my chair back that transferred out of the back of chair, I plugged the backup chair and charged up its batteries – – this was indeed a fortuitous move. I still want to salvage something out of the day and I've been looking a bit shaggy lately so I saddled up and went across the street to the little Hispanic barber who practices there.

I cannot believe it my little barber she had a full house! I cannot believe how many people were in this little barbershop. I've been there numerous times and have never seen another patron. But look like a full house – – and that was – – we're just really two other guys waiting for a haircut. The rest for family members of the two guys I guess there for moral support. I got my haircut! I don't know why this is important to be a not like him going anywhere or seeing anybody. I just wanted people to know today was not a complete loss.

No comments: