Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Fake It Like You Know It



My mom and dad both have harmonicas in both played the harmonicas every once in a while which is kind of too bad.(Just a note clarification whenever I reference mom and dad I will be speaking of my adoptive parents – – who I consider my mom and dad. I'm not sure how the revelatory parents who be identified but I figure that out if and when the time comes). It's not like it whipped out their mouth organs every night after dinner but a couple of times a year they would play. My dad played better than my mom cooked mom is not too bad. I don't think she always played probably picked the mouth harp up after they got married. She had a pretty nice instrument can do whatever happened to after she died. I don't know if anybody is the family that plays the harmonica except me. Same with dad, I kind of would like to know what happened to his harmonicas as well. At one time I have two or a C harp and the G harp and I also had a chromonica, which I thought was really cool but I never really played the instrument that well. The truth of the matter is that I never really played any of my harmonicas as well as I would've liked. I like to play parts of summer's specially folk type songs from the 60s.Leaving On A Jet Plane, Oblidi Oblada, and other Beatles tunes. I played generally from my own consumption, however one time in McCall or Sun Valley,IdahoI was at a bar in the middle of summer at some festival And there was this customer contest which I entered to play harmonica. All I remember was exhaling that first note and everything went black – – passout. That was the end of any public display of any musical talent I may have ever had.

I don't know why but recently I've been getting the bug to sit down and once and for all learn a couple songs correctly for the harmonica. I have one very old instruments I've had for I don't how long I've been carrying a piece around and every once I will take the piece out and blow a few notes. Over the weekend I did this again and talk to myself 'why don't I just get another harmonica, brand-new and try again?'I did a search and sure enough there is an actual music store in the same little mall that my movie theater is located.

I just of us this afternoon spent a good hour and a half inside the music store (which is a huge music store). The place has everything keyboards, she's little piano type things, drums and lots of guitars. They even have cute little rooms where people can take instruction that I saw any such people doing that but you could. I wonder if they have harmonica instructors. Boy, that would be a commitment. I found a cute little harmonica for 10 bucks! The harmonic is called “the Silver Creek” “Black Gold”. What a deal! So I purchased the instruments and finally made it home and got the harmonica out its plastic container. I used a pair of scissors and 15 minutes to get inside. I played a couple tunes and congratulated myself, I kind of said goodbye to the other harmonica and downloaded a couple of Pieces of music that have been “tabbed” for harmonica. I'm kind of excited. Maybe somewhere my folks Well hear me play and know they are not forgotten.


No comments: