Saturday, November 03, 2018

Coulda Shoulda Done Moor



It's the day before the family function tomorrow evening. Shelley and company is coming in this afternoon. I mean seriously yesterday it finally struck me that this weekend was the weekend that she was coming to visit! I mean I knew that this was the case but for some reason it didn't really register that it was happening this weekend. I suddenly got all weirded out. I just don't do this kind of stuff well. In fact I had thought I was being very proactive when I stopped in earlier in the week and spoke with Jennifer, the property manager, and made sure I had the room reserved and she looked it up and said yes the room was reserved. I figured all is well. Just a side note yesterday when she was leaving, I was in the middle of washing clothes and she indicated to me that she was leaving and also indicated she was stopping by the door to the common room to put the reserve sign up. The document she was carrying said the room was reserved for Saturday from 12 to 9 PM. This kind is spooked me because I thought sure Sunday was the day that we talked about. I convinced myself I just read the document wrong. I went to the laundry down on my way back.by the common room and sure enough that was what the document said Saturday 8:48 PM. I texted Michelle, maybe I was confused, maybe this Saturday and not Sunday are once again I've messed up big time. Shell assured me that no Sunday was what we talked about. I didn't show at the inwardly I freaked. Jennifer is gone for the weekend so I got a hold of the resident advisor, Diana and letting all my stress. Diana advised me that I was correct I had the room from 11 AM to 9 PM. The problem was she the inserted my reserve underneath the other people's reserve the ones who had the room for Saturday – – great relief.

Still I'm feeling I have failed in this job once again. I certainly got the room but I haven't really done much more as far as getting any supplies are food or whatever. I finally contacted my blood brother Antonio actually his wife Carla who actually sounded somewhat excited. We still have to see if indeed we'll be going down to San Quentin on Monday Shelley said something like that but I don't know. I realized it was short notice for Carla but at the same time I wasn't really sure if Shelley wanted them invited but I think she does one where the other. This can be a bit awkward but no more than if Don (Shelley stepfather and his family show up which she says that they probably well) and whoever else might show up from Shelley's days from school that she's invited. I don't think it's going to be a large crowd by any means still should have done more could have done more? I just don't know I kind of think of I should. I'm just hope and pray and Mark Anthony picks them up at the airport and after that I don't know what were going to do. I assume Michelle will be with Mark Anthony denied at least that's what they talked about if not I don't know. I guess we could go out and do something… As you can tell once again I've not planned very well. This is not my strong point– – I am not a manager.

This is going to come off okay. Shelley is so laid-back she takes everything in stride. I mean after all isn't the whole point just hanging out together? Still… I could of should have done more.

No comments: