Saturday, November 24, 2018

Snow Flakes on a Saturday



Snow fell during the night, the first snow really of the season. They said it was going to come but still looking out my window this morning and seeing the snow falling still kind of surprised me. Thank goodness it's not a whole bunch of snow not that I have anywhere to go for a couple of days thank goodness. Snow on the valley floor still means it's going to get cold real cold and there's more snow forecast later on next week. So it's the season and I might as well enjoy the snow while we haven't.

Last night or more accurately this morning was another challenging event. I don't know how it really happened at around 3 AM I noticed one of my feet sleeping off the bed. I knew this meant trouble and tried to sleep through the event knowing it was just 1 foot but like everything else 1 foot seem to creep further and further off the bed pulling my whole body with it and soon I could tell the other foot for joined in the foot creep to freedom from the mattress. I was pretty tired but I figured I better take action I lowered the foot section of the bed and the head section lowered the whole bed towards the floor as low as it would go. I was quite surprised at the result of lowering the bed. Before when this is happened to me and my bed was in the up position, as high off the floor as possible I couldn't pull my feet up on the bed. Which ended up contacting the resident aid when he was still here or my brother or my home health professional person. By lowering the bed to the lowest position even if my feet hit the floor it was just a matter of pulling rolling back on the bed. I must admit I did get my key caught in the sheets which worried me for a little bit but all in all it wasn't such a better deal. At least did not have to call the fire department authority other family members.I tried to get back to sleep thinking I could get a few more hours in before my home health person/Dana would show up for my morning ritual. Typically she never does me on Saturday but yesterday being the morning after Thanksgiving and after her partying a good part of the night she was pretty zonked so a let her have Friday morning to recover. I actually enjoyed having the extra day except for my bowel was getting kind of full and I sort of feared doing a bed poop or transfer poop. Either way I did not yet much if any further sleep during the night. But, I've done pretty well today. I didn't do much except watch the snow fall, fold clothes from the weekend wash and put away the new slow cooker or worked on that project. I did work out, doing the arm bike for the last time this week. I am in a little discomfort tonight having some sort of infection between my scrotum in my leg. I think it's a hygiene situation may be brought about from the length of time going from Wednesday to Saturday. I am always in pressed at how well Dana washes me. She did a good job today I just hope it does the job. I'll look through stash of medicines I have see if I have any of the medicines Dana talked about.

It's the cold season, I went to the food bank today and got more chicken and steak. It wasn't too bad rolling over in the snow I continue to wear a red blanket over my legs now. Sure makes it look really crochet disability wise but hell it's comfortable.

No comments: