Thursday, November 29, 2018

Dropsy Do-



I don't know what is happening to me. I don't know if it's aging or possible further debilitation of myself just from disability or from my disability the head injury part. It would not surprise me, not the very least, a fired to be getting some form of dementia or Parkinson's disease. I've noticed in the last couple of weeks that I just seem to be knocking everything over. Like being super clumsy. I'd hate to think what I would be like if I were walking around. Sometimes, I'm backing my chair into things and sometimes turning to quickly and bumping into a wall or an appliance of some sort. Again, luckily I am not around enough people that I've bumped into them causing them pain and or injury. I've noticed the clumsiness most in the kitchen when I'm cooking especially over Thanksgiving. It's just all go to move my handle catch something all of a sudden I'm a cup of coffee over or the can of coffee beans or something on my workstation in front of my computer. I just have to accept this is happening and not get upset and realize that whatever happens I'll be able to clean it up and so far I have been able to do exactly that. This week I've spilled coffee, grapes from their bag, medications and at least one cup of coffee. And like I said these are big deals but I am astonished at how many of these events of been happening. I even brought this up at Thursday morning social group coffee and immediately other precipitating members of the coffee group started sharing their frustration at the same issue. I have to admit that was a little bit reassuring. So maybe I'm not in full-blown Parkinson's mode but I just wonder what is around the corner.

Along those lines, last night was another challenging evening. My butt was hurting a little bit last night so I decided I'd go to bed early and read as long as I could. I started my new Steven King and look forward to laying in bed reading. I read till about 11:15 p.m. and then decide to crash. I was not surprised but I woke couple hours later with a full bladder. This of course is not a big deal it was 2:15 AM not that well that's cool I'm sure I'll have no problem getting back to sleep. And things went fairly well I was encouraged and tell I was raising the bed a little to hang the bag of urine on a hook that I would drain in the morning. I sat the bed control to the side and use both hands to twist me further so I could reach the hook for the bag in doing that the pendant/bed control slid off the seat of the power chair where I had thecontrol laying. The controller was on the floor between the bed and the power chair. I was going to have to try to reach down between the bed and the chair to retrieve the control. Sadly, with my limited hand function I was not going to happen. I did at one time grasp the connecting cord and pulled which did not help, my efforts caused the pendant to slide between the wheel of the power chair and the body of the chair hooking itself and making it way difficult to retrieve. The worst part of this was that I had raised the back part of the bed in the seating position in order to cath. Normally this is a safe position but last night it was a bit precarious especially since I couldn't actuate controls. I could not reach the floor any further to try to grasp record. I was on my side also precariously close to the side of the bed. If my leg was to go off are both legs I would be stuck and have to find some sort of support to get me back in bed which would mean calling the emergency responders or wait in till five or 6 AM, brother to see if he could stop by on his way to work and save my scurvy ass. Luckily I had two or three hooks close by the bed within reach one of which I was able to snag onto and with major effort was able to snag the cord and eventually worked dependent free from between the we'll and chair. I doubt this would qualify as a miracle not yet anyway. However, I was totally thankful that I was able to mitigate the issue I'd gotten myself into. Though I did thank the Lord modified to get back to bed. Problem is that I was so awake but I'll think I really ever got back to sleep. That's okay though I am tired was the middle of the day and I'm doing okay.

I'm watching myself to make sure that I'm not debilitating and if I am I would deal with that to and tell such time I'm really living one day at a time… And that's the best I can do.



No comments: