Saturday, November 17, 2018

It Just Doesn't Feel Right.




It's way too easy to shop anymore. I did it. I just ordered my replacement crockpot slow cooker. It was easy I just went to the Internet, fixed my Amazon account, cruise through a number of different options and found a crockpot, it was not love at first sight but this crockpot is what I needed. Crockpot is simple, looks durable and probably most importantly cheap. I spent a couple days wandering around Amazon is all kinds of “smart technology” crockpots but I don't need something like that. I just need something I can put a roast in or a couple couple of cups of beans and turning on and live my life. For a few dollars more I could've got all kinds of features automatic turn on turnoff lower temperature increased temperature at certain times probably if I really wanted to tie it into my Samsung and be able to run everything through my cell phone or tablet. But like I said I don't need that. Also they were a lot of things like latches that block the lid in place so when you went to grandma's house you wouldn't be slapping stuff all over the back seat. Seriously, I do not intend to be taking my pot of beans, roast or chicken anywhere except my house. I'm not sure what size my other crockpot was but I got the 7 quart variety/size. I'm sure it'll be just fine and 7 quart that's almost 2 gallons of liquid that should take care of any amount of beans I want to make it one time.

I felt kind of bad ordering from Amazon prime – – yes I am an Amazon prime member. I don't know if I have the KAHUNA'S is to cancel my membership with all the bad publicity Amazon has generated for itself recently. I really am kind of surprised I went to Amazon route. Usually I fret and try to go the free route if I could and if not that check out the options at Deseret industries hoping I can find an intact cooker at a good price. In that same vein I also considered checking out ShopKo even my local fresh market or a superstore where I see a section for appliances. That would allow me the enjoyment of having the product immediately not like I really need anything immediately. I still have half of my beans to go through and I don't think I really be making any beans soon. And possibly the most deciding factor was the fact that I would have to figure out a way to carry the device home on my lap. I doubt that I would have an issue with such a task. Carrying the device would just be awkward at best and I would be concerned about dropping the product but even if I did these items are generally packed fairly well. Not that was a big deal, as I said I won't be utilizing the cooker soon but it looks as if my slow cooker will be delivered sometime Monday, day after tomorrow!

So, UPS or somebody will deliver my cooker right to my door and all I have to do is open my door drag the box in throw it on the table and unpack my cooker. Amazon is definitely the bad guy, I can see that. Amazon makes it easy for me to spend money even if I can afford it, even if I should have it because I deserve it just doesn't feel right.

No comments: