Tuesday, November 20, 2018

It's In The Bed?




What's in a Bag? A simple question but could be a very important question are can be a very scary question. Bags left by themselves I've always kind of intrigued me if nothing else it always seemed to me filled with wonder.

I was pleased this morning when I made the call and found that we would be having a advisory board meeting this morning to allocate funding for consumer grants at Assist, Inc. apartment still looks pretty decent from the straightening up that Mark performed on Sunday. I seem to be fluctuating one moment to the next as to whether I'm going to actually do the Thanksgiving day feast I keep threatening that I am. I have everything I need at the marshmallows which I picked up tonight at the Walmart. At my meeting Dave did the “what's everyone going to do or the holiday?” Interrogation. Everyone went on and on about what they were going to do – – a lot of over the river and through the woods stuff, one person going to Seattle, one person going to Washington DC and others having family over and then suddenly it was my turn. I think I started bubbling. I talked about how I got the turkey and food bank on Saturday accompanied with the bag of fixings. I then rattle on about how I was thinking about preparing the meal differently than I've done before so the task does not overwhelm me I'm going to make parts of the dinner tonight and tomorrow and then took the bird on Thursday. That way I'll have it all done in parts. Even if things like the candied yams or stuffing is made before , days before, it really won't matter when you eat them or when I eat them. But all taste great and in small manageable portions. I have two piecrust in the freezer which is better than sometime hope the piecrust's are still edible. I could tell by the looks on people's faces that they were about ready to start making suggestions about what I could do for the holiday if I didn't want to be alone. I assured them I am okay. I let them know that nobody's home is accessible to a power chair without major intervention. I love not okay that in fact I was better than okay that I was looking forward to building the feast and enjoying the day on my own terms albeit Solitaire or what ever.

The morning was brisk and crisp as I headed out for the bus stop. I was a little concerned about getting to the bus stop in time before the bus around but I had lots of time. My curiosity was perks when I came around the corner and saw this bag sitting in the bus shelter. Really, it was kind of spooky that look like at regular backpack stuffed full with a hoodie stretched over the top. I don't know why but the bag felt nefarious. I don't know why it was just a feeling I didn't wanted to touch the bag. The bag was too neat placed with too much precision. I turned my back to the bag and turned my face to the sun and tilted back in my chair and waited for the 47. The driver commented on the bag and he indicated he had same feelings and then went into explanation of how the transit authority tells the drivers to leave such items alone or call him in the dispatch who will then have the bag retrieved one way or the other.

I'm sure the incident the black backpack at a most peaceful and rational explanation. I'm sure my imagination was just going wild but still the setup looked nefarious to me

No comments: