Monday, November 12, 2018

Video Wasteland

Image result for YouTube images


I forgot how much I enjoy working with video. For the past couple of weeks I've noted with some consternation that something is happening to my power chair. I suspect, but have very little evidence to validate, that what is happening is my spasticity had become gotten so significant that my tone has gotten so great that it's actually twisting my tilt mechanism on my power chair. I have not really pursued a remedy for this problem till today actually. If I don't take positive steps the the chair is going to go down on me and I'm going to be in major problems. The issue is do I go into the wheelchair shop which is a major hassle just because the shop is not located on a bus route. I have gone there before, in good weather, and is taking forever to get there and I really have to travel quite a distance. The other alternative is a said the truck over to collect the chair to do the evaluation that they either send the chair back to me or they do the work if they have the product they need to fix the chair. Traditionally they do not touch the chair until they have insurance verification. So, I thought and thought and figured I'd make a video and send it to the facility see what they thought. I've kind of done this before but when I want to send the video, regardless of how short I make the video, it's just way too much data to send over normal channels. However, I remembered a project that I was doing at one time and checked out my YouTube account and was delighted to see that the YouTube account was still active. I of course immediately wandered down memory lane watching some of these that produced for five years ago. So much as happened. So anyway I figured I could make a small video posted to my YouTube account and then have the wheelchair technicians check out the YouTube account and video is not to send the link.

After some finagling and trying to find equipment that would do the work I needed to have done I knocked off a fast video. I now have to try to find the old sales guy who also acts as my portal to wheelchair repair and see what we can get going. Chances are I'm still going to have to split with my chair for a while and live in my backup chair but I suppose that is what I would have to do.

I have about 40 videos on YouTube may be a little bit more because I have another account on YouTube that I cannot quite remember the name of. There was another program I worked with at one time when I was doing a couple broadcast a month for a couple years. Sadly I've lost almost 100 of those podcasts. Hundred seems to match but there is a lot of them. I really have some cute videos that I made a number of years ago. It's a shame that these videos seem to degrade over time which means at some point they will lose their integrity altogether but until that time there are still available and you can go there. Go to YouTube.com and in the search sectionn “meadowlarkmark” and this should bring my video account. Check it out you be glad that you did ...

No comments: