Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Nice Visit

Granddaughters using downtime to do art.


Of course there's nothing on television tonight it's Election Day. All the major network channeling will be covering election returns. Thank God there are cable offerings that are not affected by politics per se to the point where they will disrupt programming all night long. I would've liked to written this blog earlier in the day but today was busy. I had my Assist Inc. meeting downtown. The day was brisk and cold I should make a decision as to when I will be changing from wearing shorts to long pants. I really don't think long pants make that much difference as far as keeping myself warm, it's cold going to be cold simple as that.

The sun shone brightly today but it was brisk. This is a perfect day to be downtown and I spent a good deal of time cruising the sidewalks and rolling through piles of leaves. Today was a perfect autumn day. I actually thought about going back to Trolley Square and taking some are images after last night's posting. But I was getting tired after my meeting and felt I needed to begin heading back to the apartment. I wanted to spend some quiet time anick select alld catch my breath a little bit following my weekend visit from the kids. I'm kind of surprised that it the visit were me out as much as it did. In fact even yesterday afternoon following are visit to Trolley Square winded up back at the apartment complex. My apartment is really small I really do not have any furniture at all except for the wooden chairs that came with the kitchen table I inherited when I moved in here. I've never really utilized the amenities like I did this weekend. Anyway on the third floor of this building is the TV room. There's a really nice big screen in their with all kinds of electronic equipment for playing DVDs, Blu-ray and even the old videotapes and is quite a collection of movies out there. But more and important is the cozy environment with a multitude of overstuffed chairs. I wasn't sure about the protocols but we got back about 4 o'clock and there was nobody on the third floor to speak of so we took over the room. I mean as long as I've been in this you apartment complex I don't think I've really ever seen the room used for what it was supposed to: watching media. In fact I don't remember anybody ever using the room. I often go up and set just hang out because it's such a cool little room. Anyway, we sat down and dozed and kind of watched DVD. The granddaughters went to work on drawing a pictures using my pen collection. We must've spent 90 minutes there was actually nice downtime. We still had to go to Olive Garden for dinner. With dinner this turned out to be a very long day indeed. It was really nice to spend time with family. I really do appreciate them coming to me it's more than I deserve.

No comments: