Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Wash Day Blues



I should be folding clothes, I washed today. I'm finding that I'm washing twice in the week as opposed to just once a week which I've been doing for as long as I've been washing my own clothes. I was hoping that washing the clothes by Wednesday would make the load small enough that I could dry with just one cycle which costs $.75, three quarters. Well that didn't work. It's not like I change my towels every week, and probably would not be a bad idea but just the same maybe I will start. As it is now the towels that I wash today were a set that I tossed in the corner when we changed house and I was not ready to wash clothes when I was ready the towels bulked up the pile of dirty clothes so much I was afraid the get clothes get a decent washing. So they I watched the regular washcloths of which there was a goodly amount (why I don't know), two sets of towels red and white, and my regular shorts and shirts. When I finished the wash cycle and through the closing to the dryer I was hopeful that this amount what cost less to wash. When I checked at the end of the first cycle as always the closer just a little damp. In my best conspiracy theory mindset I am beginning to think/wonder if 1. The centrifuge on the washing machine is wearing out and no longer spins at that velocity it once did with nearly rendered the close dry from the last spin cycle or more nefarious did the owner of the machines tinker with the centrifuge causing it to spin less aggressively. I swear the last couple of washes I've taken out of the washing machine/front loader have felt heavier with moisture/water than that used to. As a board member of the organization which owns this property I hate to think we would support management that would contract with an individual who would knowingly condone setting the washing machines such that water extraction would be less than optimal. I want to believe that the machines are just somewhat wearing down and no longer spin with the velocity to drive out as much water as possible from the fabrics. You've heard by great before that the owner of the machines has been featured the drop of coins a specific way to ensure that as much money as possible spent with this ordeal of washing clothes once a week. For example most laundromats I have used have had a way during the dry cycle to increase the length of time desired for the close to dry. By using nickels and dimes a person could buy 10 minute increments to finish the drying cycles process. That is not the case with machines that we use. Here at Plymouth view Apartments a renter just has one option for drying a $.75 drop (three quarters) and if your clothes are still damp at the end of cycle one you have to buy and other complete cycle of $.75. I know it does not sound like much and I guess it isn't except if you're living on a fixed income everything counts. Yesterday it the super Smith's store or the Smith superstore I noticed a number of options are contraptions one could purchase to hang clothes on just this scenario to dry. If I had a way to carry one of these racks home I would great idea worst-case you can even use a hand dryer to finish drying these clothes. I might go back someday and get such a rack.

Yep you guessed it just another Wednesday, but one I'm truly thankful for…

No comments: