Friday, November 02, 2018

It's Not About Me...


104.3 kg

My daughter Michelle and kids are flying in tomorrow afternoon! I just cannot believe my daughter is all grown up and doing all these grown-up things. It's amazing to me it truly is. Anyway, we've been talking about Shelley and family coming in for a couple weeks. She will be here couple days so we to maximize as much time together as we can. I must keep in mind that I'm just one of the players in this event but sometimes I get a little shortsighted in these kind of things. I forget that Shelley has other family besides me and that's cool. I'm hoping we can have a great visit.

When we first started putting together this visit a couple months ago in my excitement and need to be a be a pleasing parent I offered to help in any way that I could of course. Actually, ever since I've moved into this facility I've wanted to use some of its amenities more than I have. One of those amenities, for residents of this apartment complex, is the use of the common area. Common area I discussed before is a large room with fireplace couches and tables and chairs. The room comes to the small kitchenette with a refrigerator look go out let's a preparation area with a pass-through. When been nice to have a stove but as it is there is a sink the refrigerator in the prep area and of course the ubiquitous microwave. I'm not sure how large a gathering were going to have. We are planning to use the room from 12 noon till whenever. I have the room scheduled from 12 total 9 PM. From what I've heard so far it's going to be a small gathering you're going to have. Of course Mark Anthony and his family and me at least. I think Michelle's also inviting some of her old friends from high school days as well as family from her stepfather's family. There has even been some discussion as to inviting the new uncle which surfaced this summer. I don't know if we will though. We discussed the invitation of my “blood” brother but still felt a bit uncomfortable with the other family. Possibly may be we might saddle up in the van and drive out to Santa Quinn on Monday but were sort of playing that by ear. It'll work out one way or the other.

I was being so proactive this week and cornered Jennifer the building manager on Thursday just to make sure I had everything in place. I once again check to make sure we had the room scheduled for 11 the nine on Sunday. She looked at her big book and sure enough everything looked okay. In fact this evening as I was going down to the mailroom I ran into Jennifer that she was coming out of the office on her way home. We talked briefly and as I rolled away to the mailroom she said “and by the way here is the schedule showing you have the room.” This was reassuring I didn't think much more about it and tell I started my weekly wash. It was about six and Jennifer of course had already left. As I rolled past the common room I glanced at the door where there was the notification taped. It said “real reserved Saturday from 11 to 9”! I couldn't believe it. It was the wrong day! How had I screwed up?! I hate this kind of stuff I've always mess it up. To be honest that's when I really realized this whole thing was coming off this weekend! Shelley was flying into town tomorrow!! I kind of freaked out. I madly texted Michelle to make sure she we agreed on the time and day and it was Sunday. Since I couldn't get a hold of Jennifer I frantically knocked on the door of Diana who is the resident advisor, building manager when Jennifer is gone. Diana assured me I was okay. The notification on the door was for another gathering which IS scheduled for tomorrow and my document the reservation is underneath. So when tomorrow's is over the poll the sheet and reveal that I have the room scheduled for Sunday.

This is a small event really in the scheme of things. But just seems like such a big event for me.I just got keep saying to myself “it's not all about me”.

No comments: