Thursday, November 08, 2018

Family


Cousins!

Is it because I'm old? I'm not sure but I cannot believe it's Thursday afternoon again! I'm resting up before I have to “setup” and head down south to the library for “Next Chapter” bookclub. I know it's almost cliché but it's going to fast slow it down. My life seems be closing right before my eyes. Truly, I know that's not true but still how quickly these days rollaround.

I've had my friend Trish takes some images of the family function held at my apartment complex last Saturday and Sunday. Trash is an interesting person to say the least. She is one of the stellar personalities here at the complex, someone I really enjoy watching and listening to. I have found she is also quite the photographer. I really am impressed with her work. She did me a favor when I was stranded last summer outside and the stones beside my apartment. She took images of me and the fire people who came to rescue me. So, I have an idea of how good Trish is behind the lens. This professionalism is why I had no qualms in listing Trish takes images of the function. I was even willing to pay for the professionalism (if it wasn't too much). I was that impressed and besides I really wanted someone taking images who knew what they were doing. Oh, I could've taken a bunch of images are had one of the family members do so but 1) you get somebody who is a not professional (and that's okay) looking like my older brother are one of the kids snapping off a couple of images or, 2)not everyone gets in the photos especially the person “commissioned” to take the images.

It's been almost a week since the mini reunion and I have been really quite busy so I haven't really thought about getting the images that Trish captured. I thought she had my email address but she hadn't but I knew that I would be seeing her sooner or later and that for sure I would see your coffee and we can make arrangements than. Today was coffee and indeed there been a bit of a miss communication but that's cool and now she's sending them over and was truly worth the wait. I am not sure how many images Trish was able to capture by what she has gotten a been superb. I don't congratulate myself on things very often because I don't do very many things that is worth self-congratulation but using Trish for this event truly was. When I visited with Trish after coffee about the images she apologized for not coming through a little later and doing another “sweep” of the event. I of course totally excused her for not doing so but now seeing her work I wish desperately she had. Trish was afraid of being considered too intrusive if she had made another “sweep”. Truly, Trish was very ninja like pulling off this operation nobody would've even noticed. In fact there was a little awareness that images were being captured but they thought that it was a professional photographer from the apartment complex gathering fodder for brochures and such – – which they would be more than welcome – – but that was not the reason for the image harvest at today's event.

Trish would not take any compensation for her work (which she said was not “work”) but truly this was a lot of work if not just for emailing them to me on my Gmail account. Thanks Trish your special… But you knew that already.


No comments: