Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Kid Art




I love kid art. I don't know when I first came to that realization the only thing I can imagine was at some point in time when my kids started drawing but it seems like it was before that. Possibly, as an adolescent when I was really getting involved with psychology over at it Ada County mental health in Boise. Good old Dave, the first shrink I really ever worked under, I think was interested then later Stephen Thurber one of the shrinks in the psych department at Boise State where I got my degree. But anyway I just love the fresh spontaneity of kid art.

Monday, as I blogged about we did a “Kid Day”. The day when I as an adult and dad and dad clone came together with my kids – – all of them and just enjoy the time being together when we could be together. In the old days of course that was Saturday everybody was off work and school and we would pile into whatever vehicle I was driving at the time and basically cruise the city. We would do this all day Saturday until I dropped the kids off in the evening. We quickly realized that Monday was going to be a perfect day to reenact “Kid Day”. This would be an ideal situation to expose the girls, Brisa and Riley to how we used to spend our weekends. Not that it really mattered to the girls I think to us it did. What was really so to cool was that Charlie the youngest of our group was actually with us. The only thing that would've made the day more perfect would've been if James/Walter would've been able to make the day. But this is not a blog about Kid Day 2018 this is a blog pretty much about resting afterwards.

After we spent the day jumping advances the battery and ran down and then driving downtown and cruised around trolley Square and getting a bite to eat we're pretty tired. I was pretty tired and it seemed like Mark Anthony and Shelley were to. The girls just seemed to put up with us and somewhere along the line we lost Charles was meeting up with old friends. We ended up returning to the apartment complex and since there is no place in my apartment for people to “crash” we took over the TV room upstairs. I'd never really use the TV room before but it's very nice. There's a big screen TV and a bunch of overstuffed chairs. I've never seen people use this room. I have fantasized using it. There are high Windows that you can't look out of except to see sky or night are the greatness of the storm should there be a storm going. And like I said the big screen device with bunches of DVDs and video movies. Like I said I've never seen this room used so I put it to use. Everyone found a place to set the girls to put on a big table who immediately started doing artwork. For Christmas Mark Anthony had given me a ream of oversized paper which it invested in. And I had all my art markers and the kids went to work. Mark and Shelley kind of dozed and I looked on. I was pretty glad the visit was going as well as it was. I was intrigued with the girls and their focus on their art didn't pay much attention. As things go we still had to pull together the afternoon and go out to dinner at Olive Grove.

Luckily for me I found the kid's horde of artwork after they had left. Michelle I gather them all together of course and had them on the table. I was intrigued with the artwork so much so I scanned it all into my hard drive and totally excited. I think the artwork is fantastic but of course as a proud grandfather why wouldn't I? I'm just pleased the artwork is so functional, colorful, normal and fun.

No comments: