Thursday, August 01, 2019

New Days New Ways Happy August



Well it's over, even though I was just auditing the course it's really over now. Attended my last exercise the Nefertiti sketch and shared my sketchbook with Brendan we said our goodbyes and I left the class. I had a place to go of course my Thursday mornings are typically my coffee social group which I've been neglecting the past almost 3 months. It was cute. Save I spotted the table and made room for me as I came back this morning. Thursday morning coffee is caffeine and calories. A little bit of gossip and quickly ended.

I thought about lying down but since I hadn't 1130 lunch appointment I figured getting down again up to more pain than it's worth. I'm exhausted however, I woke this morning around 3:15 AM and I never got back to sleep. I want to make sure I didn't oversleep my last day of class. So I've been yawning all day. The high point of my day is having lunch with my buddies, Lori and Jerry. I have to bed I was a little embarrassed I kind this does show not trying to make today's lunch about me but it kind of was as I gave my impressions of the drawing class I just finished plus the sharing of my sketchbook. Lori had to put up with this but we had lunch on Monday but she trooped through and put up with it again at lunch. Both of my friends are super supportive in my drawing class this summer and particularly that I carry-on drawing especially in my strong form of primitive or brute drawing. I have lots of drawing paper especially the huge size tablet I purchased at the beginning of class I believe I only used five or six pieces of paper in the whole course.

Back to reality and the real world. Couple weeks ago one of the people here Marjorie cornered me and wanted me to participate with her in the development of a resident newsletter/paper. I don't know why I do this but I get all hot for a project like this and then realize holy cow this is going to be a lot of work. I was pleased to offer my support. I know how difficult “volunteer” newsletters can be I've certainly written and edited my share. The biggest challenge is to get the people who said that right articles in a timely fashion to come across with those articles in a timely fashion. I PROMISED that I would and now she's indicating that I need to produce an article as soon as I can because she wants to put the the newsletter to press as soon as possible I guess because it's the first of the month – – I didn't even think of that total just now – – of course the first of the month newsletter okay I guess ability to writing. That's another thing now have at the first of the month for three letters are right to Shelley and the girls, my blog and an article for the newsletter good to be busy…

No comments: