Sunday, January 07, 2024

Brrrrr

It's gotten really cold and did I mention that it snowed last night? It really snowed last night couple of inches this morning which was not a problem as far as going to the restaurant and back. It was a little dicey coming back but going was in the problem. There was driving snow however which made the trip a little uncomfortable but not too bad. I even took a blanket for my legs which I hardly ever do. I can see now the temperature is dropping significantly and I need to be careful. I think there's enough snow with just Fallen now that it's going to make it difficult to get around next couple of weeks particularly if more snow adds to what's already out there we may be talking problems and disability Transit until late February early March. Aside from funerals this week and possibly my assist meeting I don't think I have to be out too much and the funerals I think I can actually stream if I really am worried about getting out in the cold and ice.


I visited with Diane today who is now living in Arizona and one of the reasons that she did go to Arizona is because she was convinced that the climate was more temperate and a good place to be if you're senior and have limited income. Today the temperatures drop to almost freezing in her little community and everyone shocked for this kind of weather and temperatures to be around Arizona. Of course everyone's screaming blow a warming and by everyone I mean me. Why do people feel so confused or surprised. They've been talking about it forever the seasons they are a changing I would not be surprised if Arizona didn't see snow by the end of the week. Of course, this isn't going to last forever this is just a blip in the weather forecasters predictions but I think they know in their heart of hearts something's changed or something's changing and it's going to be pretty significant. I've been kind of impressed at how quickly the whole community is learning to roll with the weather punches. I think they're even going to be able to get on top of this change and by taking positive actions will be able to maybe dodge the bullet for the most part at least middle classes on up low income is another issue and it's going to bequite sad. I just experienced a major spasm. Luckily, I was strapped into my power chair and I didn't really go anywhere except to slide down in the chair significantly but because the safety belts are the lap belt was on I came out of it okay eas. except wondered if I was ever going to Catch My Breath Again. I may have to start upping my dosage of Baclofen to see if that would have any impact on the severity of the spasms I seem to be going through primarily because of the cold weather. 

No comments: