Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Squalls

 It's a little after 4:00 p.m. I'm sitting in my bedroom slash utility room looking out the window and the snow is just started. Luckily I'm not out and about doing anything significant I can stay cooped up in the apartment for as long as I want. Weather forecasters have also indicated that very cold air is going to come in behind this fast moving Squall are snowstorm and that doesn't really excite me too much either but it is winter and I guess we need to be thankful for all the moisture we can get. I've just finished folding my wash away I still have to put some elements of the wash away but the wash is done. Now I am dictating my post for today much earlier than I usually do just because I don't want to have the stress of having to post as I watch the Utah Jazz this evening play their basketball game with Denver. I'm kind of embarrassed to even write this but that's where I sent to as far as priorities.


While speaking of priorities I must confess that I didn't attend my former employers funeral today nor did I dial in through streaming. Honestly, I tried I really really tried. Like most broadcasts like this the usually have a a page that precedes the streaming event that allows the individual to get set up so that when the event is streamed it shows on the screen and they can then be part of the event. On today's screen it says that the event has not started yet. So I don't know what happened with the mortuary that was hosting the funeral which it looks like they are the ones responsible for streaming the event but they never streamed the funeral of as near as I can see. I waited for almost the whole hour for the streaming to begin and it never did. I wish I could feel somewhat upset about the whole situation but it's kind of a whole hum thing that I tried and I can say that I tried if it ever gets to that point if people asking did I attend the funeral. Or Why didn't I dial in. I think it's kind of weird that the mortuary didn't broadcast the whole thing and I might ask that Genie person if she knows anything about what happened. In all honesty I could have semi dressed up and jumped the bus and gone down to the funeral but quite frankly it's way cold and that wasn't sure when the snow storm is supposed to come in at least according to the different forecasters. Quite frankly I don't know who I would produce heroic efforts with to attend their funeral at this point. There's a couple that I probably would but seriously there's a lot to be said about Let the dead bury the dead. I know that sounds like a mega cop out and it is I guess but just seems like a lot of effort to do at the end of the road. I'm sure at my passing it'll be very little involvement of folks that I associated with up to that point except of course with family and even that with immediate family. I'm just glad it's all over now for the time being until the next one passes and I just hope it's not me…

No comments: