Wednesday, January 03, 2024

New glasses!

 Finally I got someone to come in and do some cleaning on the apartment and boy it was a long time coming. Of course it was my good old friend and Home Health person Gloria who is a great homemaker or cleaner or whatever. She called sometime during the week and indicating that she was going to come by and I wasn't sure if she was going to do some cleaning or maybe just I'll drop off some Christmas. Luckily today I found out is a little of both she brought over some Christmas presents for me we exchanged gifts and she spent a bit cleaning up the kitchen. And it's the first room you enter when you come into the apartment so her clean kitchen and particularly a clean table makes a big difference in my table is getting a little out of hand. I don't know what skill set she's got that allows her to do what she does so quickly and so thoroughly and all the sudden it's a clean again I'm just amazed at what she's able to do that way. As for me I just sort of hung around and visited with her and gave her a few pieces of Christmas one of the larger functions with that little bottle of rum that Janet gave me for my eggnog- that's which I never used. Now I don't know how I'm going to be around Janet cuz she's always asking have I drank the rum yet have a drank the rum yet? And of course I lie and say no not yet but you never know soon. You would have that would have been the high point of my day- which it may still be but another event happened which I hadn't really planned on and that was when I was really past the common area common room the eyeglass people are set up. And I noticed on their little bored which says what they do that they do some glasses repair or tune-ups and of course mine always need to be tuned up.


Like I said I wasn't planning on dropping by but I saw that little bit of the tuning thing so I thought what the heck I'll have them tighten up the glasses it's been a while and I rolled over months in between instead of pretty hammered looking. And long story short I got myself signed in and got my eyes checked for what the heck did the whole nine yards got the ice checked got them dilated everything that ended up buying a pair of glasses. They had a nice pair of frames and everything looks good and the only charge is 75 bucks which is amazing. Like I said I hadn't planned on going because I usually go to Costco at the little glasses place they have there which I sort of like but this is great if I can get it all done here and get a fairly decent pair of frames and hopefully they've done a good job in doing the eye exam. So slam dunk I got my glasses that I have not been worried about but I've been a little pensive on setting up the whole ordeal to go in and get it taken care of it's just a lot of work especially now it's getting colder again. We're looking at snow in the next couple days so it's probably going to be winter in the area. I pretty much have what I need for the time being especially with having a little cash to give to Gloria what's the traditional role of dot quarters. I'm now just having to put up with Jeannie as we work together on getting me a new shower chair slash commode. Fortunately you're carry through is probably his weak as mine so she was supposed to come and do the rest of the work tonight but I canceled because the Utah Jazz are playing basketball and I can't believe I blew off that for a basketball game I'm beginning to really worry

No comments: