Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tedious Tuesday

 I am sitting here patiently waiting for the IMC driver to come here to pick up my power chair for some minor pieces of work. I'm in my backup chair which seems to be working fairly decently today but I've been someone under the weather never had not really a chance to use the chair in a real life setting to see how well it performs on the tarmac for any relatively large distance traveling. I somewhat skeptical as to whether this chair will hold up for any significant distances but at the same time I also know this is my backup chair and should not have to meet those long distance requirements as my regular chair will. I just been notified by my tablet that the window has started between 2:00 and 5:00 p.m. pick up. I'm really hoping they'll come fairly early cuz I still have to do my arm bike workout which will take 60 minutes. Luckily or unlikely I'm still somewhat incapacitated with this cold that I have- - and thank God it's not covid I took the test last night and it tested negative- - my granddaughter and semigrandson-in-law brought over dinner last night which included two bottles of cough medicine one for the night and one for the day. I can't believe how much I slept last night I slept from 11:00 to 7:00 it's never ever happens but I think it's the NyQuil or whatever cough medicine they got me which was basically over the counter stuff but it's all expensive. I had my home health person yesterday find my bottle of cough medicine but my granddaughter was horrified when she saw that it was like 6 years past expiration  date or the used by date. I don't necessarily feel all that better for the extra couple hours sleep that I got but I think that's due to the nature of the illness I am currently suffering. When my neighbor Janet gave me one of her covid test boxes I didn't say anything just graciously accepted the test. Reading through I noticed that there's a lot of hand functions needed for the test especially squeezing little bitty packets of fluid into the little bitty bottle provided as well as swabbing my nose five six times each way. Fortunately my granddaughter who is studying to be a nurse jumped on the challenge and administered the test. I'm totally impressed that we were able to get this thing done and at least alleviate me from that stress of not knowing if I have covered or not. My granddaughter is a true blessing that's all I can say.


I had to call and cancel my attendance at the Advisory board meeting this morning at assist, ink which I hated to do but no choice the way that I feel I really didn't want to go driving around this cold weather feeling this way and possibly getting worse. Andreas was pretty understanding and I appreciate that as well. Luckily because the kids were here last night they brought over Pizza as well as a meatball sub from Subway and of course they got the 12-in sandwich. I have both in the refrigerator and should last me a couple days now it's just a matter of getting through this illness getting back to my old self.

No comments: