Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Memories

I had lunch today at a place called the Shanghai Restaurant it's in downtown Salt Lake it is one of the favorite places of Dianne`s and mine. Diane and I both worked downtown Salt Lake in the Shanghai was on the way home. They say they're Chinese but I think it's more Vietnamese with a Chinese influence whatever it is it's very tasty and today that's where I decide to have lunch even though I knew I would be flooded by memories of Diane and myself and the family. I found dining by myself today was a bit of a struggle. I don't know what's happening to me but I can barely be out in public on my own and not have to be asking strangers for assistance every couple hours to replace my feet on my foot pedals. This is a real sucky thing. I don't know if I'm sitting weird in my chair which I must be because I can feel myself being pulled to the right side where my foot turns under and then I basically start sliding out of the chair fortunately I have my safety build on and my restraint which keeps me from sliding completely out of the chair but still I'm tired of having to ask people would you replace my foot on the foot pedal please. Fortunately people are willing to help but still kind of embarrassing and sometimes humiliating. Like today I was at the library killing time before my meeting downtown and my foot was off the foot pedal again and Not only was the foot off the pedal my foot was out of my shoe and I had to ask them to put my foot back in my shoe. Luckily the young guy didn't have much of a problem and fortunately he had heavy duty rubber gloves to protect you from my cooties or maybe I was being protected from his regardless I did get my foot eventually back on the foot pad and scooted back on the chair. I want to blame the foot padding in the Box it's all scrumpled up because it's been torn up. Theoretically I'm getting another foot box with more padding and hopefully it's not the same kind of padding that I destroyed with this box. I think that's the issue I'm having right now I just got to figure out a way to keep my feet in my shoes on the foot box.


I got my Shanghai Restaurant standby which was broccoli and beef and egg roll. Their egg rolls are gigantic not the little regular Chinese egg roll but these large Vietnamese spring rolls with a great carrot dipping sauce. Too much for one meal at least for me so I had the Box up what was left over which is quite a lot and I brought home for dinner only to find I still have enough rice and broccoli for another meal. The meal for lunch was $27 which I think is horrendous for a lunch even at the Shanghai. But it's been a long time since I've been there it was great to taste the flavors and the memories I'm sure it'll be some time before I have them again…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still think fondly of Cafe Trang now and then, and also Morelias. I have my favorites here in Oregon but it's not the same as the ones from kid life.