Friday, January 05, 2024

Friday again!

 It's hard to believe that it's another Friday. The whole week is slipped past and now I'm looking at another weekend. I think this is going to be a bit of a an abbreviated weekend or a weekend that I'm going to stay inside just because snow is falling. I like snow feel fairly consistent today. There are some accumulations but not too bad. They said the bulk of the storm should come by or through tomorrow and Sunday. Anyway, aside from perhaps going out to coffee in the morning with my friend from upstairs, Janet, I don't really have any reason to be out and about. I've got everything I need for the next couple of days. Most notable I've got a new roast cooked and in a gallon bag with the vegetables that I cooked with it in the refrigerator cooling down. Of course for me cooking a roast is a full day project as far as getting the beat in the Crock-Pot and then just worrying about the piece of me cooking away and making sure that everything's okay. It was a nice piece of meat $17 for the roast was just a too bad I was kind of surprised but it's a big piece of meat so I should be able to have some meals off of it for a couple of days at least. Of course cooked the meat all day finally getting into it around 6:00 p.m.. it always shocks me how much a piece of meat will shrink while it's going through the cooking process as the liquids pour out of the meat. I think around 3:00 or 4:00 I cut up vegetables and stuck them in you know carrots, onions, and of course potato I thought about celery but they decided against the stringy vegetable opting to keep it inside my concoction as opposed to cooking and a roast. The roast turned out okay I think. It'll be good enough for me anyway it didn't quite Fall Apart but I was able to spirit with lifted device and lift it out of the crock pot and into the gallon plastic bag that I had set up for it only got a little bit messy. The kitchen didn't take too much of a hit of course there was a good deal of entropy entropy that goes into cooking a roast but I have all the peelings and items in one area that I'll be able to clean up I think tomorrow pretty easily. I washed out the pot the crock pot tonight I don't have it back in it container yet but that will come tomorrow. So I have beef stew and roast beef and vegetables which I'm sure will no doubt get me through the weekend and then the next week as far as that goes. I really would have liked to I've ordered a pizza for the weekend but that's hard to justify when I've got as much good food cooked and ready to go.

No comments: