Thursday, January 18, 2024

Granddaughter Blessings

 


My granddaughter actually stop by the apartment today. I'm just so impressed. She has recently started community college not far from my apartment and has talked about stopping by the place when she is on class to visit and possibly assist should I need any assistance. This granddaughter usually has Sunday breakfast with me and her dad at local restaurant. Like I said, she talked about stopping by today she did and what a great experience! Not only did we have great visit but she help me clean my table off tape up a package to return to Amazon and order the correct item which was really beginning to intimidate me. It was great. Let me tackled by workstation computer cable. I still have unopened Christmas cards piled high. She took charge of that mass only organizing the pile as well as cleaning off the table.top given me the freedom and will finally go through the Christmas cards and get rid of the ones I don't want to make bookmarks out of the others.Jasmine even took the package to return to drop it off the Amazon station from the apartment. Incredibly Jasmine was able to do all this in the space of 45 minutes I was totally blown away. My granddaughter confided in me that she has Thursday classes which cancer treatments midmorning that she would be willing to stop by to spruce up the apartment. This would be incredible. Will try next week and see what happens.


Remember last night, yesterday in my blog, I was grousing about local basketball team NBA canceling the game at our facility because of the snow – –? Well I was totally wrong. One of the coaches on the other team died the night before a local restaurant! Was counsel in respect of the coaches passing. I have to admit I'm a little taken aback they would do such a thing – – that's a good sign right? Maybe there is some humanity and national sports and it's not all about money. The game is now rescheduled luckily for me there is another game tonight the challenge now is to keep the: coach alive until tipoff.


I have written numerous times regarding the coffee social which is held here at the apartment complex, every Thursday morning. For one reason or another the population of the coffee group is decreased significantly over the last year. Whatever the reason is causing consternation to some of the participants would like to see more FOLKS attending. I think part of the problem is been a number of the older participants and just die and had a number of new folks will be the units are still acclimating program/apartments. There's been some discussion about changing the name “coffee social” to something other than copy which is a forbidden luxury to many of the apartment residents due to religious affiliations. I think it's a storm in a teacup or should I say “coffee cup…

No comments: