Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Screenless

 



It's Wednesday evening and I'm suffering a little withdrawal I think my flat screen is finally given up. I have this flat screen that I basically use as a television set. It took to my computer as well so I can stream onto my screen as well. Dianne got this for me when I went through in my first operation so it's going to be stuck in my bed for a while in the upstairs bedroom. So I've had it for a number of years I don't know exactly how many I don't know how long these screens are supposed to last. But the one I have has been messing up for the last couple months. When I turn the screen on a light goes on in the bottom of the screen like a signal light of something quite bright followed by a second light and then another image comes on to the screen which basically allows me to start either go to the television stations or go to my computer selections whether it's Amazon music or Netflix or whatever. It's worked pretty good over the years I've kind of enjoyed it but the last few months however it has not immediately come on when I hit the button sometimes at first I just hit the button once or twice and then the image would appear on the screen and I'd be able to go on my way then later I would have to go through this procedure of hitting the power button on four or five or six times maybe as many as 20 times before that image would come on and that should have been a signal to me right there and then to start looking at getting another flat screen. I doubt it's worthwhile trying to figure out what's wrong with the screen as opposed to picking up another one. I of course did not do that for a host of reasons most of being how am I going to get it from here to there there to here or whatever. If I had the real courage I would just order it in and have the driver guy drop it off at the front door that's what I should do but for some reason I want to try to get this screen to work again if I can or somebody else to come and Rescue Me. Of course put in a call to my son Marc Anthony but he's got his own life can't drop everything and run over here just because I can't get my jazz game on the flat screen and that's tomorrow night anyway hopefully I will have this resolved one way or the other by then.


The next question I really have to wrestle down is do you want to see if I can find just a used flat screen somewhere there seems to be a lot available off of KSL Marketplace or classifieds and some of them are almost giveaway type situations. Or do I want to go to a real vendor and purchase something with a warranty and all that kind of stuff? It's certainly something I don't really relish getting into with no control over transportation and all that stuff. So in the meantime I'll just fight the withdrawal shakes and keep from looking at the screen every 3 or 4 minutes wishing that magically it would erupt into I'm working eyeball on the world...

No comments: