Monday, January 22, 2024

Partial Post

I'm just exhausted this illness / flu or whatever is just kicking my butt. I know this almost sounds like covid in fact my neighbor upstairs Janet sent down a covid test pack today indicated she has many. Why that is so? I don't know. I know that it does not surprise me. Anyway it was almost like here you go take this covid test before you start telling the world about how sick you are. I didn't think twice about the issue of threw it on the table and then what about my daily routine. Melissa, my helper person, was pretty much an eventful today though she's always helpful as far as sweeping the floors as well as attend to me and my diverse disability needs. Today she made my bed like change the sheets and generally got the other power chair, my backup chair ready to go, so they can come and pick up the chair tomorrow and get the work done. I'm not sure what they can do but we'll see. I've been in this chair now all day- I'm in the backup chair- - and I don't know if I related this into the blog but they indicated that they could not find the the motors that would match up with my regular chair that I've turned into the backup chair and they went on to say that they're going to have to do some specialized work on that the chair. So the chair that I have as a backup chair was not my old chair which I really wanted but they said they couldn't find the motors that would fit those motor needs that I have. I cannot believe they can't find a motor that would fit on that share all the motors they have there at the ucat building. I'm not going to worry about the situation much however this chair is the backup chair and the reason I liked it so much was that it was actually my chair but now I've got this other thing which is similar to the other chairs but it's not it. I just have to be careful when I do the transfer in the mornings to make sure I have elevated the foot plate for the night before that way my feet go into that little box by the foot box  5y feet abruptly stop and I'm able to use that blocking as it means a transferring without putting myself at too much risk. I didn't do all that the last time I transferred and laid on the floor couple weeks ago. Now I'm over stressed on the transfers. The rest of the morning I worked on a puzzle, word puzzle, I need to get a hold of the puzzle folks to get another bunch of puzzles. .



No comments: