Monday, January 01, 2024

First Day

I finished this first day of the year with quite mixed feelings. I was alerted this afternoon that Debra Mare, my boss for a significant amount of years. Has finally passed away. She has been close for some time and they have been doing some heroic Measures at keeping her alive but she was never going to come back from where she had gone. Her body was just too far gone. So it's certainly one of those for whom to bells tolls minutes. Even though I can't say I was close to Deb, I was in my own certain way and I think she knew that. Still I don't think we were that close and regular ways. I'm just happy for calling her sister who I'm sure has been hosting a lot of responsibility of taking care of Deborah in the house and everything else. She needs a rest both of them need arrest and I hope they both get that rest down.


Perhaps more than anything when you lose a friend or a relative that's fairly close you really start getting that feeling of it's going to be me sooner or later. I'm going to be that person. Everybody does go through this I understand that but it's just sometimes impossible for me to see myself passing away even though I know philosophically that I well when the time comes. I was speaking with my friend David who lives Mexico just south of California and Dave actually has heart failure- - I don't understand this but that's what he was saying and that he could drop dead any second so it's the whole living life to its fullest for us old guys. He continues to live each day like he does normally and he gets away with it pretty good however he has developed a physical regimen that is much better than what he had been doing and I think he's lightened up on his alcohol consumption but he certainly does like his wine. So not that it's a competition but you just wonder who's going to go first sometimes. Again, I see myself as being the winner but more than once I've been sucker punched and seen the whole thing change in a matter of seconds. Ask for me right now I'm feeling pretty good. I think all wounds are closed except for a pinhole prick I have in my colon that every time I poop it shoots a spray of Blood Out and it makes it look a lot worse than I think that it is but still a lot of blood makes me want to eat a steak which I did a couple days ago. The steak was a pretty small steak it came with my Omaha meats package. It was pretty good for what it was but they're just little things but perhaps that's best maybe I'll just get the benefit of some blood making juice and not a lot of the cholesterol.


I spent a good part of the morning trying to figure out how to print the envelopes I go through this trauma every month it seems. I finally decided to turn everything off and on again and sure enough when I did that it printed just fine. I am currently write on my tablet now and I think it gets all clogged up electronically speaking and can't send materials over to the printer or maybe the printer gets clogged up all I know is that if I Channel both of them down completely the machines can find each other and communicate and I can get whatever I need printed printed. Well next I printed the letters and did the folding and the stuffing and the signing of the letters only to find that I can't get my hands on my stamps I know I've got six stamps but I can't find him anywhere so tomorrow I think I'm going to have to go somewhere and pick up some stamps maybe across the street at the market kind of frustrating I really would like to get them out in the morning mail but that's not going to happen. Kind of surprised the Jazz won tonight maybe they are a better team than I give him credit for… 

No comments: