Tuesday, January 02, 2024

Smoke out!




 I did it again totally they're almost totally destroyed my living situation but more on that later on in the blog. I was pretty sure that I was not going to have a meeting today but something then we told me that I should probably call and check anyway. I kind of remember that the last assist meeting that we had which was a week before Christmas that we are going to take the two weeks following off. But of course this morning on the day of the assist meeting I couldn't really quite remember if we are going to meet today or not so I end up calling the office. And that's true we did not have a meeting scheduled. The people have been gone so no one's gone out and taking any more information from people on which we need to approve. So, I had the morning to myself how the day to myself for that matter. I thought about taking off and going somewhere. The day looks beautiful it's cold and we're at the bottom of an inversion so it can't be too wise to be out in the gunk breathing this stuff. I felt a little motivated so I thought I'd try to do a little cleaning up around the apartment. I still had all the Chris

mas boxes in the front room that I need to get out into the dumpster. They're perfectly good boxes but still you know you're going to do so much. The lady upstairs Jeannie continues to want to work with me on getting a shower commode and I'm willing to work with her particularly if she can get the whole thing granted that would be sweet. But she texted me early this morning that she was not going to be able to make the appointment that we had and I told her that I'd probably be out and about by the time she got back cuz I wanted to do a little shopping and get some more vegetables for my concoction. Actually has a little hurt just because seems like she always has something coming up. But I would be glad if she could do some research and find a grant that will purchase the items that I need.


I cannot remember when the internet occurred. I'm pretty sure it was after I'd gotten back from the market. I had a lot of stuff on my hook and hanging off my chair that I was struggling with trying to pull it all off and put it on the table. It must have been at some point when I was messing with the coffee pot or whatever I don't really remember but I got to doing something else in another room then smelled something which smelled smokey but that little crap I must have done it. The controls on my Stover in the front we're just supposed to be really good for people with disabilities but for me it's very deadly. I had inadvertently touch one of the controls and turned it on high and of course it was a burner that was at the bottom of a bunch of plastic dishes and cups and whatever and when I finally got into the kitchen frantically driving my chair I can just see smoke billowing off of that area luckily there were no flames at this point but still I was freaking out I rolled over and opened the back door to my patio and then the front door of course the smoke then immediately escaped my apartment and went out into the common area sitting off all the alarms in the building and eventually calling the Fire Department. I knew everybody would freak out so I took off out of my apartment leaving my door open and let Jennifer know what was going on so she could begin turning off the alarms. Smoke was everywhere in the building I couldn't believe it so they immediately brought down giant fans a giant fan and blocked my front door open and turn the fan on and begin forcing the Smoke Out. Everybody was coughing at the smoke in the building I was freezing. It was still winter outside so I decided I would do my arm bike for an hour which I did at least kept so warm and by the time I was finished they had to remove the fan and so I guess they would decided enough smoke is gone so I went around and shut all the windows and doors in my room apartment and tried to clean up a little bit more. Genie from upstairs as indicated she would help I don't know if I want this help but may not hurt. I think Gloria will be by tomorrow to do some cleaning that will probably help too get it back to some form of livability. I truly scare myself sometimes I don't want to get thrown out of the building but I don't want to burn it down either…

No comments: