Thursday, January 04, 2024

Ready for snow

No fell today but it was just a light dusting which I figured that would be still the clouds hung along threatened and looked very cold. Weather folks say that today's dusting was just a vision of what's to come we should be getting more snow tomorrow evening and then later on the weekend it should be more significant probably a couple inches at the most by next week. This was enough warning for me however to want to get out and get to the market and get a few things that I might need until next week. Once the snow falls and turns to ice I'm sort of at the mercy of the weather until it warms in thaws out the Ice Flow . I was still in the glow of the work that Gloria had done to my kitchen in front of the house. It's so nice when it's clean or cleaner than it has been at least they're a little order on the places a good thing. Today was coffee so after I had gotten up and dressed I went down and participated in the social thing. Our coffee group is getting smaller and smaller I think that is to some degree the fault of the new people moving in and the old people literally dying off. It's kind of strange though maybe if we just keep having the coffee social the new people will come around and start attending.


Not much else is happening today the most creative thing that I did was to open up two of the packets of Stew that I got from the food box giveaway- you know when the people of this building get their food boxes from the food bank they leave all the stuff they don't want on the common desk and people can pick it up there's been a number of packages of stew sealed and really not bad for poor people stew but there's also or I also have cans of the same kind of beef. Canned beef from the food bank place I've always tired of the idea what would happen if you took some of the stew in the packages and mixed it with a can of the beef and that's what I did today. It was actually kind of fun and I didn't make very much of a mess after what Gloria did and I washed up the pots afterwards so it wasn't really a nightmare mess. But the stew wasn't bad I washed out a few of the containers that have been marinated in the refrigerator for months and put the leftover stew in one of the containers which I'll be able to enjoy now the next week or so. Remember I went to the market? I actually got a couple of vegetables potatoes for instance and a nice roast which I think will be great. If I cook it tomorrow put it on in the morning let it cook all day I'll have a great food source for the weekend. So between the stew and a roast I should be in high cotton….

No comments: