Sunday, January 28, 2024

Sleepy Sunday




 I spent another weird night with severe congestion I guess in my chest. I worry myself not knowing exactly what's going on but thinking it's just basically the Goomba that I've had all week. I don't know if it's the medication I'm taking the cough medicine that's doing it or whatever but it's getting kind of old. I just wake up after sleep in a couple hours and I've got rails in my chest so bad I can't get back to sleep. Every time I exhale it sounds like a freight train leaving my chest or my mouth and then when I don't breathe I can still wheezing out somewhere. I woke up a little bit before 4:00 a.m. today and watch the clock click for an hour. I tried to will myself back to sleep but it just wasn't working finally at 6:00 a.m. I got myself up because I then only had 2 hours to go before I had to meet my son at the restaurant for breakfast. What I find most odd is that even though I must be sleep deprived I tend to be getting along to the day okay. Today I got a little dicey around noon or little after I was really tired and tried to nap a little bit by laying back in my chair or propping myself against The Doors and hoping I would nod out. This kind of worked and after I had some coffee and put myself back together I was okay for the rest of the day pretty much. I don't know if I was trying to interact with anybody that might be another case but I was able to go to breakfast with Mark with no problems we had a pretty good conversation enjoyed our company and then I came home and pretty much hung out for the rest of the day in my apartment only stopping once to check the mail. Usually I wouldn't even have done it check in the mail today. I only did it because my brother gets so concerned anytime he sends me money whether it's for Christmas or for my birthday he's got to make sure that I go down and check the mail and let him know as soon as that money gets here. I think he has so little faith in the US Postal Service. But today I did check the mail and sure enough the card was there and so was the cash. There's nothing like cold hard currency to make one feel solid and solvent. 5 $20 bills and I'm set for the month I'll bet you.


Following breakfast I spent the majority of the day in the apartment dictating my monthly letters. This to me seems to be a appropriate use of my Sunday time. I was surprised to see that so much of the month is already passed there's just a few days left in January so I guess I'm right online if I can get the letters printed now and in the envelopes I should be okay for February. February is a short month so I'll be doing this again sooner than I think.

No comments: