Thursday, June 13, 2024

100° on the tarmac

 Today was a hot but busy day and I was outside on the tarmac during most of it. Even to the point where by the time I was done and coming back home my meter showed me in the red that has almost out of power. That's okay I could have done more had I had more power in my chair but at the same time I plugged in to the charger by my bed and listen to NPR for about an hour between 4:00 and 5:00. This gave me a significant amount of juice I believe he gets a little spooky because you never know how much power that you have when you charge for like an hour. Somehow the meter that's supposed to show how much power that the battery has at any given time sort of flips over even after an hour of charging and shows that the battery is totally charged at 100% And there's no way that this can be just because it takes all night to charge the batteries usually. And with just an hour of charge I don't know how much I would trust this hour charged battery in fact I really would have liked to have gone across the street and purchased a couple bottles of orange juice. I'm about out of the apple juice that I've had in the refrigerator all week till now. But I didn't want to get across the street and to the market and then coming home in the red zone. I'm sure I would have survived one way or the other. I'd feel a little uncomfortable trying to cross the street in the charger showing I'm in the red zone.


Tonight my charger is showing 7.2 miles that I've traveled today in my chair. I of course rode the bus for a number of miles. My goal today was to get my glasses fixed the new ones that I just got which I ran over like 3 days after I got them. When I done some research on the internet I found that Eyeglass World which is very close to my old home there in Murray does glass repair. So I figured why not visit the joint see what they can do but before I went there I stopped in at the old restaurant. That restaurant used to be called morelia's great little Mexican restaurant that Diane and I loved. Anyway it's a different name now but I think a lot of it staff still work there. They all seem to know me anyway the food was pretty much the same. The new proprietor doesn't use nearly as much cheese as the old guys did but I had a meat burrito covered with sauce of some sort and the best part about it was they made it for me out of ground beef as opposed to shredded beef which I just don't have an appetite for it but ground beef I love ground beef. I could have had a tamale but I'll save that for another trip because I will be coming back to Eyeglass World. When I got the glasses I had repaired today I had the paperwork somewhere in the apartment. If I can find my old prescription and it's still close to within a month after I'd gotten them I think they will honor that prescription I think you set up to three or four months. I would like to have a new set of glasses then these guys here could be the backups. So with a Mexican lunch and discussions with the eyeglass people who actually did a great job of repairing my my specs I came back home driving my chair all the way back to Central Station or Murray Central Station all the way over the big hump which is where I really drain the power out of my chair. Thing I'm worried about now is that even though I charge it for just an hour it's showing that it's 97% charged so if I plug it in I don't know if it'll charge all night and charge the battery or if it'll think it's at 97% and stop at 3% charged what a dilemma. Tomorrow's Friday, the only thing I'd really like to do tomorrow is get some orange juice and enjoy the Heat…

No comments: