Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Frustration

  It has happened again! I am so frustrated at my inability to be modern and understand technology as I should. It's a known fact that I don't check my technology as much as I should by that I mean my electronic banking stuff another things electronic. The whole process kind of freaks me out. But anyway, today I will searching my my bank account is looking for somewhere I've posted something to to see if I can figure out a problem that seems to be showing up. I'll have to explain that in a further posting I think sometime soon. But anyway, I was checking the bank account all the sudden I saw a expenditure for about $105 to a phone service that I know I don't use. And, not that I know which one I do use I know that I don't use that one. It really was a weird deduction so I stopped my other project immediately and called my Credit Union. I called to my credit union is almost as terrifying as trying to fix the problem of money seeping out of my account.


Luckily it was a slow business time of day and I was able to get an operator very quickly no waiting and no listening to elevator music for long periods of time interrupted by a commercial from the credit union. The person that I got was a very nice lady who I think had a very good command of the English language I didn't know how far away she was. I outlined to her with the problem I was having and she immediately jumped in and started a process of questions about fraud. It was not long before I realized that she was going to deactivate my account or start another credit card that process you know that I was so freaked out couple months ago and it all happened then as well. All I knew is that it cost me a couple hundred bucks because of people I forgot to notify that I changed Bank numbers and all that kind of stuff so they just got returned requests for my monthly payments. Hopefully I can be on top of it this time and let everybody know. So tomorrow I've got to get going and get a new credit card which means I must travel to a credit union Outlet. Then I must contact all my providers and let them have the new credit card numbers and such. Perhaps this is the lesson that I should do this or have this information all the time so it's not a terrorizing event in my life. The credit union rep also indicated that I could get a specialized card or credit card that I could fill independently from my regular debit card so that if I were to lose a card I would just lose it and not the regular debit or credit card and that card could not be spent above the amount of money I authorized to be put into that account. It's a smart idea- - a little cumbersome but I suppose I will get used to it as I'm having to get used to so many things at this point in my life. I noticed this evening as I was checking my past purchases and such on my account that they had put $25 back into my account from the fraudulent activity. I was fairly impressed. We'll see what happens tomorrow when I get my new card, and the stitches removed but fewer left from my extraction a couple weeks ago. Tomorrow should almost be 100° outside and I'll be on the tarmac I better wear a hat and take lots of water it's the wise thing to do..

No comments: