Sunday, June 02, 2024

Sunshine Day

 I would not say it was a perfect Sunday but it was a pretty good Sunday for me anyway. I work pretty early actually about 4:30 a.m. not really getting back to sleep and I finally got myself up at 6:00 a.m. as usual for a Sunday morning giving myself 2 hours to get ready to meet the kids over at the restaurant. Dressing was pretty straightforward today no issues from getting out of the bed until getting dressed and completely dressed tip to toe with just one shoe. It's now summer and even the mornings are warm. At 8:00 a.m. on Sunday morning Red Road it is quiet and quite easy to cross the street in the middle of the block- - Jay rolling. It's the safest way to transfer or to cross the street aside from going up to the lights. Crossing the street back is a little bit more challenging but I did the crossover as well traffic was a little heavier but I was completely safe. Breakfast had been good conversation had been somewhat Lively it's always good to get the granddaughter's perspective I think everyone did good. I felt a little dishearted as I rolled back to the apartment. I think I would like to spend more time with the kids today but they're busy and I certainly fake it out like I am from time to time. Spent my day actually reading Stephen King I'm in the middle of a must be a novella it's more than 100 pages I know that. I'm still not finished yet but I think I'm close I think even when I finish the novela I'm in now and still have over half the book to go to finish the rest of the short stories hey as I said yesterday I should be done by the end of the month sokb I best be looking for another book that I can easily slide into once  this volume is finished. I always like having something new to read especially in the summer over the holidays specifically July. I need to start looking now however to find something and I have it mailed in time for July 1st. There's always the other alternative one is to hang out at the DI and go through their book collection or even more radical, go to Barnes & Noble or some of the noted book store and buy something off the rack. According to the book stores a bit more challenging as far as getting out and doing something on the buses and all that kind of stuff. Barnes & Noble really isn't that far nope further than Costco actually across the street from Costco so it's totally doable. But I can always cruise through Amazon book and ThriftBook  I have a access to as far as books through the mail.


I think I got too much sun today. I know this is entirely possible and really does it happen to me but today I think I'm still getting used to being out in the sun for hours at a time. And today I think I overdid it. I'm feeling a little exhausted and a little odd as far as hot cold goes. I'm not in any discomfort to speak of I just feeling a little bit off and exhausted when I really didn't do anything today except sit out in the sun and read and then when I wasn't in the sun I was under my little tree outside my window luckily I still have that tree wise my Park tree is gone I have to accept that but I still have the tree outside my window and that makes all the difference…

No comments: