Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Mid-year holiday Eve

The apartment complex had its 4th of July celebration picnic today. Great excuse to use the gas barbecue we have in the outside patio at the building here. It's a really nice gas range. This probably was the best 4th of July function they've had since I've been here and I'm not sure particularly why except for it could be the Advent of the new renter who moved in earlier this year Genie it seems to be really anxious to get involved in everything and bring everything to fruition that she can and she generally does. Case in point today's function. She and another person pretty much made assignments decorated the common area and got the whole project going much better than I see that done before. Someone took charge and carried it through to the end like I said something is not been done before like this. Hot dogs and hamburgers were Bella Fair with various chips, dips saladsAnd such some really good potato salads by the way I totally enjoyed that the dogs are pretty good as well you're the hamburgers for hamburgers. I was most impressed because this year they didn't have just one line which has been I think the downfall in years past today they actually did two lines one on each side of the tables contain the burgers in the hot dogs and the buns and condiments the whole nine yards things moved a lot Swiffer a lot less stress. I wasn't too excited about eating inside even though the tables are really decorated nicely for the holiday I took my plate when I got to my line went out and ate on the patio for the meat was being barbecued. Must have been a guy thing cuz they were like four other guys out there as well. There is also desserts made by volunteers from the apartment complex there's a nice jail salad, regular salad, and the number of potato salads and other things that look close to potato salads. I didn't try the weird looking salads but the regular potato salads are great totally enjoyed it. There is watermelon but I didn't try any because I don't know why because I'll use the excuse that my mouth was still somewhat novocained up.


That first paragraph is huge as it was was basically a warm up or whatever to the fact that I went in early this morning well 9:15ish for a dental appointment. I had Melanie come in early today and she was great got my business done with still an hour before I had to be at the doctor's office. It took me in strapped me down started give me the gas it was great gas not as much as I would have liked but maybe I'm just building a tolerance to it. I had no vacate my head off- - seriously I'm sure I was in some sort of tooth coma. Three or four but never can get the job finally he got in there and got everything cleaned out put the new filling in and good to go. We also talked about the fact that I owed $1,500 it's going to be paid over maybe 3 to 4 years we paying it off at 100 bucks a month or 200 bucks a month it's going to be a commitment for sure but I can do it while I live that long. Perhaps the fact that I went to the dentist before I went to the barbecue it was the biggest reason I was somewhat subdued and maybe it's just a bar I marginally like the people I live with and so that fit in with a mouth that was coming out of Novocaine Central in the fact that I'm living in what I feel is huge Dental debt but that's all right like I said it's all going to work out…

No comments: