Sunday, July 21, 2024

Sunburn





 The western United States is totally burning up! Dried out and Sun beaten from days of 100° or Better Days. There's a fire burning now just above Salt Lake in the foothill area I really haven't seen the smoke except on the television screen on the news. It's the really first one it's been close into the city this season. We've had some big fires in the state and some are going on right now but they're not really close. However, we are beginning to get some smoke from other states who also have some major fires going. I can't smell anything which is probably best but definitely the smoke cloud is beginning to filter in to the community. So much so that during the day even though it's supposed to be cloudless there is a thin veneer of smoke that's filtering the Sun so it's hot but seems a little Cloud covered but there are no clouds it's the smoke. The best time to really consider how much smoke is around is at sunrise and sunset. I noticed this tonight as I was out soaking in some heat before I came back into the apartment complex for bedtime. The sun is just sinking behind the Horizon they're getting close to it there are some trees beginning to block it's descent but I was able to pull out my camera quickly or quick enough to get off one or two snaps which shows the explosion of light in that area. When there's more cloud cover you can get those really good red blood red sunsets and you see a real pronounced round ball in the center. I didn't get that tonight maybe in the next couple days if the smoke cloud gets more dense. I sat in the back this evening for about 45 minutes after I finished watching Ender's Game. Partly to warm up a little bit since I have the air conditioner going in the apartment and to enjoy summer as it's beginning to get closer to fall. There's still a lot of days of summer and heat left but I sense how quick this season is actually leaving.


You know something I think is weird? After I took this image tonight and for the past couple of nights I have noticed particularly when I went to start editing the images that I took that the editing tools are no longer available like they used to be. Seems like every time I turned around I was getting some kind of a photo editor I could download or sometimes they seem to download themselves. The point I'm making is that there's lots of Technology available free to let you edit your images especially for cropping or enlarging and things like that. I didn't find any on my tablet and I found one eventually on my cell phone it's sort of hiding in the back one of the programs. I'm going to try to crop out some stuff on this image but it's a good representation I think of the burst of sunlight just as the image Falls beneath the horizon. For that I am thankful as well as these wonderful hot days.

No comments: