Sunday, July 14, 2024

Special moments

 I think I have written about kid day before in this blog. I have not written about the concept very many times just because I didn't want to overuse these special moments of my life but they were many to be sure. Briefly, kid day was Saturday's when I would drive over and grab my kids as well as their brothers and we would head out to do what tasks either needed to be done or just have fun ourselves. Many times we had to get items either my son needed for junior high as well as Michelle might need for school or dance or whatever and the boys went along with us because I had a difficult time leaving them home while we drove away for the day to have a great time. So for a number of years it was just us folks on kid day. We always had at least one meal together the cheapest ones I could find cuz I didn't have a whole lot of money. Usually places like Taco Time and other places where they would have sales are gimmicks to get people in like five tacos for a dollar or six tacos for a dollar and I could feed everybody for under five bucks and then share a couple large drinks. This is doable in the late 80s and early 90s. Anyway, I really like to kid day and I'm always surprised at how well the kids enjoyed that time together. So this morning I woke up around 4:30 a.m. and for some reason my total focus was on kid day. I need to be careful when I do these things because I lay there in bed waiting for 6:00 to come thinking about all kinds of things and today was how to write stories about kid day it's some of the things we did. The first thing I thought we could do was everybody get together on a conference call or whatever that technology is available to bring everybody on the same call that we can discuss some of these things. So I get really excited in the morning as I think about this then start talking to people about it before I really think it through and realize how much work it would be to do something like this. I would really enjoy getting together with everybody sometime this summer if it was possible but I don't think it's possible right now anyway. As I understand it Charlie the youngest lives with older sister and family in Oregon, mark Anthony lives here. I bounced this idea off Mark Anthony this morning at breakfast. Mark would definitely interested which kind of surprised me. It would be really fascinating to me to get more input from the kids regarding the day Saturday's we spend together in that special time we had together during kid day. What would be even more fun is to write some kind of movie script or television script for a movie type portrayal. I don't know if this would really be possible and I certainly don't have the skill sets right now to pull off such an event. I have done some script writing in the past but I don't know how that would fare out now. It's truly something to think about…

No comments: