Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Be Nice

I think I was confronted with some of my meanness today unintentionally but it certainly seemed to come out and again to those least deserving of such pathology. Tuesday so I attended my weekly board meeting over at Assist, Inc.Initially planned to go to the meeting then basically return home or find something else to do perhaps go to another movie like last week. The movie card is extremely attractive now since I've found the movie house on Redwood Road just a couple blocks south of my apartments. However, I had basically decided to go to an action that I was notified of Earlier in the weekend by my friend Dick Lodemill. I had been a bit brisk with him when he asked if I was attending the action. I told him that I would attend but it was not an action but just a press which in my mind is significantly different. Dick apologetically agreed with me but still kindly twisted my arm to attend. I thought to myself The federal building is just a few blocks north of the Assist, Inc.  office and it would really not hurt me to spend some time and motor up there to see what was happening. My Assist , Inc. meeting is over usually around 12 and 12 noon was when the press conference was to take place. Shouldn't take long.

The press conference was okay for a  press conference there was probably between 45 and 70 people there which is not bad for us of course they were not from DRAC but from other private nonprofit organizations focused on saving ACA and Medicaid. This press conference was basically testimonials by health professionals who have seen the favorable results of the ACA. The day was hot but not too bad we still have a great shame the federal building to protect us from most of the heat. Dick informed me that there would be a rehash meeting following the press conference over my old workstation the DD Council. Great, I thought to myself another meetingI suppose I could do another meeting I really didn't have anything else of any value and besides I be able to see Claire and hang the old office. I have about 45 minutes before the meeting was start so I figured i would have time for lunch. I stopped at my favorite German deli Sigfrieds. Surprisingly Sigfrieds was not that busy. I got a fast lunch and went over to the DC Council.

When I got there none of the other DRAC folk Were there with the exception of Dick. Who was sitting all by himself in the small conference room. He looked pitiful like someone who'd been forgotten. He clearly brightened as I rolled into the room. Nobody else is called and nobody else had shown up. I was kind of relieved. We talked a little bit then was joined by my old boss Claire and we talk some more ensuing 20 minutes past and no one else shown up. Dick finally called Jerry (but don't think like him very much for what reason I have no idea) informed Dick the meeting had been canceled. That reminds me as somebody who been stood up for the dance. Dick shook the snub if in fact there was a snub. He turned to me and reminded me of another meeting to be held the coming Wednesday. I sort of turned cold and asked about the meeting and then decided he did not need more grief. I stop myself from being mean. I instead was his friend, told an audience of meeting and he promised to send me a postcard. I then mumbled something about having to catch a bus or train or something and left when I stopped a mean bullett and rolled out of the building looking for A train.


No comments: