Thursday, July 20, 2017

Soup Rusky


I like this lady. She's really nice and is a resident here at the apartment complex where I live. I still don't know her name. I know outside but I have a hard time names. She has a significant access and I pride myself on placing accents to country of origin. When I first met her for some reason I thought she was Hispanic. I tried to be cool by letting her know that I had once worked closely with a Chicano/Hispanic health clinic system in Idaho. I told her that I tried to make tamales in the past and it turned out fairly good but I was wondering if she did some pointers expecting to she would be proficient. She finally to sideways and said “why would I know how to cook tamales? I am from the Ukraine.” Ukraine? Holy cow was I off.

We keep bumping into each other now. In early spring we both claim the same garden spot. We ended up like Samson splitting the garden space and half and now we both have gorgeous gardens. For whatever reason let's call her Olga, Olga is kind watching out for me, but stop short of saying she's watching over me. She is significantly open 10 to 15 years. I am sure she is of that European-style is almost neuroticly clean. Tonight, I was over at my prep area trying to put together a salad. Remember, my workstation is the only pullout drawer in my kitchen that I have a board on top the drawer when the drawer is old out.I was in fact cutting cucumbers for myself when I hear knock knock knock on my door. I'm up to my elbows and cucumbers so I just yell yes comment. And sure enough it's my neighbor telling me I have a box outside. I'm baffled for a second wondered why everyone's always so worried about boxes left outside my door. I sometimes have left boxes outside my door all weekend just because I'm too lazy to drag the boxes in.I'm also perplexed not knowing what I could've ordered, knowing I have not ordered anything cool for some time then I have a flash of memory and remember my catheters with becoming what surprised me was that the girl at the catheter factory assured me that they would not be mailed until the 20th which is today. The box of catheters can stay outside the door for another couple days as far as I was concerned. But she was focused on getting those catheters site my door. I think she might have been a bit perturbed because I did not drop everything and rest to help but post, focused on cucumber. Then I realized she was carrying something else a small rectangle, a plastic box. I didn't start cutting cucumber and rolled over to help Olga. It was then she offered the plastic sealed box full of a sort of liquid.

“Do you like bean soup?” Of course I like bean soup, who doesn't like bean soup? Especially with the bean soup is obviously homemade. I have made enough bean soup in my timeto know what bean soup looks like. She said she didn't want to thrust food on me but if I didn't mind she would make me something every once in a while. So sweet! She got inside the apartment with the catheters and the soup. She glanced around and then suggested that she can help clean if I would not mind. I said that would be great. Soup is one thing maid services is quite another. I don't think I'll call in her services for housecleaning but maybe I'll keep the soup coming.



No comments: