Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Pro Action ,Not!!


I really have not had that sensation where on the return to the office or school after a holiday to get the feeling that it's a Monday. I have struggled with that all day long thinking that it's Monday and actually not the middle of the week. My goal for this day was to come to some remedy regarding my baclofen. I made it past the weekend and beyond rather proud of myself for that of course will help from my friends. I was also going to go into UCAT and create and see about getting time to move the seat of my chair back. I don't know if the increased discomfort I am sensing is a direct result of that, I kind of think that it is, but I think that will be helpful. I want to make sure Tom is there because a lot of people take vacation on national holiday weeks. That in fact happened with me when I went to see my occupational therapist about my chair status. So, the best I did on the create idea was to call and leave a message on their sort of messed uup answering machine. That did not happen.

My idea was to swing by my doctor's office get enough medication to last week till my mail order meds come then over to Redwood Road and create. I thought it was totally doable silly me. I finally got to my doctors office my doctor of course was not there and I knew that, My doctor is in partial retirement and only spent a few days in his office during the month. Still I figured there was some sort of protocol for this kind of situation not the only person stupid enough to let my meds run out. So I ended up talking to his head nurse who seemed really confident I explained to her the situation she said sure we can help. I took a deep sigh of relief. She indicated that she would have to contact the doctor and get his signature and then they can go ahead and do the order. I looked at her like what? Simple yes it's cannot take a couple hours he has to read the email and then write the prescription and then email it to the office this process should only take a couple hours. I saw my visit to Create going out the window. The time was a little bit before 11

I visited my old rehab floor, talk to my old physical therapist and saw the other staff as well. This is always fun I'm sort of like the wonder boy. I went down to the cafeteria got ice cream hard ice cream but it wasn't as hard as I would've liked to watch the helicopters raise and lower.. I waited and I waited finally around 2 o'clock I figured that was enough time and I returned to Dr.'s office. When I talked to the receptionist she said they had not heard anything back from Dr. Riser maybe cancel on vacation. What why couldn't they tell me that to begin with? I was kind of pissed but I didn't let that show, I finally suggested that perhaps maybe another doctor could write me the script it was only a script after all . The flunky receptionist Eyes lit up when I made the suggestion and she was off. A few minutes later he eat the head nurse was back with me telling me that one of the other guys in the practice all right the script and send it over to my pharmacy which they did . I kind of relaxed thinking that the worst of the situation was over – – once again silly boy – – I did not necessarily forget I just didn't know how the meds would be paid for. I had cash and have plastic I'm sure payment was not an issue. Silly boy. They gave me enough meds for two weeks surely my meds from the mail-order place would be in by then I'd be okay. They still wanted money. The price on this order was $66.99 I balked at that. Of course the insurance or even used earlier in the month the order and the new meds so insurance is paid all its my insurance is going to pay. $66! That's more than I want to pay but in the end I did pay it thinking of nothing else this would be a sharp lesson and I would have this bottle of backup.


By the time I got out of the doctor's office it was almost 4 o'clock, the time I have been doing my shower and bowel routine these days. I still had to get over to the train station to catch my bus number 47 then roll back to the apartment. I let Honey no would probably be a good half an hour late. Honey understood she's really great that way. All I wanted was enough meds to get through a tight spot but I got was a great learning experience: ORDER YOUR MEDS WHEN YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO!

No comments: